Gateway to College Takes Applications for Effingham Site
Contact: Melanie Smith
August 20, 2008
SAVANNAH – Gateway to College, a new program sponsored by Savannah Technical College in cooperation with the Effingahm County School District, is a dropout prevention and recovery program focusing on students, ages 16-20, who have either dropped out of high school or are on the verge of dropping out.
The Savannah Gateway Academy is set to begin this Fall with 50 students from Chatham County at Savannah Technical College’s Savannah Campus. Applications are now being accepted for the Effingham Gateway Academy’s first cohort of students who will begin in January 2009. Applications are also being accepted for the second cohort of students for the Savannah academy who will also begin in January.
Students accepted into the Gateway to College program not only have the opportunity to complete their high school diplomas but will simultaneously earn college credit toward a degree, diploma or technical certificate of credit without the cost of tuition.
Gateway to College is taking applications now for classes beginning Winter 2009. To be admitted, students need to:
- Complete the application packet and turn it in to the Gateway to College office, two business days prior to attending their selected Information Session
- Attend an Information Session (reservations are required, but can be made upon application delivery)
- Attend a two-day evaluation session
- Interview with Gateway to College staff
- Attend a mandatory Orientation
For additional information or to download the Gateway to College application, please visit the Savannah Technical College website, www.savannahtech.edu, and click on “Program Information” or call 912.443.5346 or 912.443.5347.