Return to Headlines
Back to School Information
The first day of school is approaching and we want to ensure that you and your children are prepared. The list of resources below is meant to guide parents and students in the right direction, and is not meant to supercede any forms or procedures required by your child's school.
If you will be transferring from another school district, private, or home school for the upcoming school year, entering grades Kindergarten - 12th grade. The online appointment system may be accessed from the "New Student Registration" link in the top right area of this page or by clicking here. All requirements and a link to fillable forms may also be found on this site.
Hours of operation for Central Registration are Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. In order to avoid parents having excessive wait times, appointments are required through August 11th.The Central Registration Center will be closed the week of July 4th - 8th. No registration appointments will be made during this time.
Please note that absolutely no registrations will be processed without acceptable proof of residency. In addition, out-of-state transfers will not be processed without either (1) a Georgia Immunization Form and Georgia Ear, Eye, Dental, and Nutritional Screening Certificate; or (2) evidence of an upcoming appointment (i.e., an appointment card or letter from the physician).Tips for avoiding long processing times at the Effingham County BOE Central Registration Center.The Registration Center is currently processing high volumes of new student registrations. The following tips will help you to ensure a smooth registration process and avoid excessive wait times.
- Schedule your appointment online by selecting the "New Student Registration" icon at the top right area of this page.
- Carefully review all registration requirements when you make your appointment and gather all documents. A registrar will call you to confirm your appointment and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about required documents.
- Print and complete all required registration forms in advance.
- Absolutely NO registrations will be processed without a valid Proof of Residency.
- All students MUST have an up-to-date Georgia Immunization Form and Georgia Ear, Eye, Dental, and Nutritional Screening Form. If you do not have these documents, please visit the Effingham County Health Department (802 Hwy 119 South, Springfield ---- 754-6484) or your child’s medical provider BEFORE coming to the Central Registration Center.
NOTE: If you are transferring from another state, a health care provider must still review immunization records to ensure compliance with Georgia requirements and transfer the immunization record to a Georgia form.
- If you are not the parent or legal guardian of the children you wish to register, please contact Central Registration at (912) 754-2530 for further instructions.
All students will receive a copy of the Parent & Student Handbook, but those wishing to review in advance can download the digital copy of the handbook.
It is important to review our uniform policy to make sure that your child's attire is in compliance with our standards. For your convenience a notated uniform reference has been developed so you can easily review changes for the upcoming year. Many stores sell uniform-ready clothing, and this list of uniform vendors will come in handy for your shopping trip.
You can download school supply lists for all schools, but be sure to check with your child's teachers during Open House for additional supply lists.
It is vital that parents access and submit the proper medical forms so that students can receive the proper treatment while on school property or school-sponsored trips. Review the forms below and print the one(s) that best apply to your situation.The Effingham County Health Dept will offer special "after hours" immunization clinics for parent's convenience on Thursday July 21 and Tuesday August 2 until 8PM. To avoid long waits, please call to make appointments for these days at 754-6484.You may also review the immunization requirements for 6th & 7th grade students.Action Plans:
Review the 2016-17 Academic Calendar for important dates like Open House, progress/grade reports, and holidays.