May Upcoming Events
- May 9: PTA Kindergarten 6:30
- May 13: ELA GMAS Retest
- May 14: Math GMAS Retest
- May 15: Field Day (K-2)
- May 16: Field Day (3-5) Quick Think
- May 17: PK Fun Day
- May 20: K-1 8:30 Awards; 2-3 Awards 1:00
- May 21: 4-5 Awards 8:30; 5th Grade Social 1:00
- May 22: Senior Walk 7:45; Kona Ice and Water Day
mission & vision
Our MissionAs a community of learners, in cooperation with stakeholders, our mission is:To provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post secondary success.A note from our PrincipalSHES incorporates Project Wisdom as a part of its character education program. These inspirational messages set a positive tone for the day for everyone on campus. SHES feels it is extremely important to educate all aspects of the student learner. Project Wisdom provides the opportunity for students to begin their day considering one of citizenship’s big issues, such as honesty or respect. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.