Parent's Right to Know
August 28, 2023
Right to Know Professional Qualifications of Teachers and Paraprofessionals Dear Parent(s) or Legal Guardian(s), In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Effingham County School System would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student's teacher(s) and/ or paraprofessional(s). The following information may be requested:
- Whether the student's teacher-
- has met State qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child's teacher and/ or paraprofessional's qualifications, please contact your child's school principal or you may contact Dr. Kirbi Ratner, Executive Director of Human Resources, at the Effingham County Board of Education at (912) 754-1119.
Thank you for your interest and involvement in your child's education.
Kirbi Ratner, Ed.D.
Executive Director of Human Resources