Measures you can take to help prevent the spread of flu:
- - Frequent and thorough handwashing with soap and warm water. Alcohol based gels are the next best thing if you don’t have access to soap and water.
- - Cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow or arm to help prevent the spread of the flu.
- - Avoid touching your face as flu germs can get into the body through mucus membranes of the nose, mouth, and eyes.
- - If you are sick, stay home from school or work. Flu sufferers should be free of a fever, without the use of a fever reducer, for at least 24 hours before returning to school or work.
- - If you are caring for a sick individual at home, keep them away from common areas of the house and other people as much as possible.