2020 ECHS Prom
ECHS Prom 2020 is scheduled for April 18th at the Hyatt Harborside ballroom.
Students may have pictures taken at 5:30p.m. We allow pictures to be taken early so those students with dinner reservations have the option to get pictures before dining.
- Prom doesn’t officially begin until 7:00 and ends at 11:30p.m.
- Students who check into prom at 7:00 are required to stay until the end of prom. If students choose to leave before the prom ends, they will not be allowed reentry.
- ALL juniors and seniors of Effingham County High School must pay their prom dues in order to attend (even if their date is a student at ECHS and has paid their dues).
- Students bringing dates that are not students at this school must complete a prom date approval form available at the time of receiving invitations and pay a $20.00 guest fee.
- Dates cannot be over 21 years old or be in middle school.
- Invitations will go out in March. We will announce when we begin handing them out (during student’s lunches).
- Mrs. Bland will be collecting money for dues.
February we will have a special on prom dues. Dues will be $60.00.
Win a free flight from Savannah Aviation! See the counselors for more information.
Right to Know Professional Qualifications of Teachers and Paraprofessionals
Do you have questions about the qualifications of teachers or paraprofessions who deal directly with your student? Click here for more information. Contact Susan Hartzog, Director of Human Resources, at 912-754-1119 with any questions.
Yearbooks & Senior Ads on Sale
2019 Yearbooks are still available. Quantities are limited, so get yours today. Only $50
If you wish to reserve a senior ad for the 2020 yearbook, please see the attachment below for more information. Your $50 deposit is due by August 31.
You can also purchase your 2020 yearbook at this link. Buy Yearbook Online
If you wish to purchase yearbooks from previous school years for only $50, contact Mrs. Aiken at email@example.com.
Free & Reduced Lunch Notice
The 1st day of school is just around the corner. One thing that you can take care of now is to apply for free and reduced price school meals. If you think that your family may qualify you may complete an online application at
Paper applications will be available at your child's school.
Grad Bash 2020
Universal Studios & Island of Adventures, FL
April 24-25, 2020You must meet all eligibility requirements in order to attend!No refunds will be given for failure to meet requirements.
Go to room 215 between classes to get an information packet...or click here.Cost:$239
Suggested Payment Schedule:
$100 due by October 1
$45 due by November 1$45 due by February 1
Remaining balance due by March 1
Mail payments to Kelly Tours or pay online at KellyTours.com.
DO NOT BRING MONEY TO MRS. BEARD!!!
Click here for Dress Code requirements (per Universal Studios).
On the first Wednesday of every month, Parker’s donates 1¢ from every gallon of gas sold throughout our community. You can raise funds for your school by using the Parker’s PumpPal Club Card on “Fueling the Community” Wednesdays. Just pick up a PumpPal card at any Parker’s location. Then go online at www.ParkerSav.com to quickly sign up as a member. Be sure to choose our school!
mission & vision
Our MissionAs a community of learners, in cooperation with stakeholders, our mission is to provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post-secondary successA note from our PrincipalWhat really matters is not so much what students at Effingham County High School walk away with in their hands, but how many sparks we ignite in their hearts. There’s no doubt students want inspiration more than they want stuff. The caring faculty member, not the content, determines whether students at our school walk away ignited or extinguished. Our faculty understands that the influence we have on children is powerful. Be it positive or negative, it is lasting. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.