As of July 2, 2020 students enrolled in the Effingham County School District will have two options for attending school for the 2020-2021 school year. Students may choose to take classes at home in a virtual environment while remaining enrolled in the Effingham County School District or they may choose to take classes in a face to face setting in the physical school building. This opportunity will only be provided for a limited period of time under the current COVID-19 conditions
Click the link below to learn more about the Virtual Learning Option and complete the online registration form:
The online registration form will be available from Thursday, July 2 8:00 AM through Wednesday, July 15 11:59 PM.
update: 7/3/2020 @ 11:30am
To help our ECSD parents make an informed decision about the Virtual Option vs. the traditional face-to-face instruction (in the physical school building), we will be posting further information concerning what the traditional setting will look like, guidelines, etc. by Monday.
For more 'Virtual Option' information regarding student eligibility, technology requirements, the program overview, or the parent and guardian responsibilities, please visit https://www.effinghamschools.com/virtualoption
Don't forget to check out our FAQ page at https://www.effinghamschools.com/Page/36417
Fidget Spinners are not allowed at school.
If you would like to help out at Ebenezer Elementary School, please be sure to complete the mandatory module training. You will also need to complete this training if you are planning on visiting the school for volunteering, PTSO birthday celebration, parties, special events, or field trips.
This module can be found at the following link:
Once you get to the site, you will then click on Georgia on the left side. You will need to complete the module, Mandated Reporting, under the Standard Modules. You will use the following information to log in:
Username Effingham County
Once you have completed the module, you will need to print out the confirmation and return it to the office at EES. If you have any questions, please call the school 754-5522.
It is very important that all parents of 1st-5th grade students use the Parent Portal. Progress Reports and Report Cards must be accessed through the Parent Portal. Hard copies will not be sent home for grades 1-5. Kindergarten Progress Reports and Report Card hard copies will be sent home.The Parent Portal may be accessed by using the Smartphone App or by computer. Many parents prefer the Smartphone App! The Parent Portal is an excellent tool for "keeping up" with your child's progress. We encourage you to use this communication tool!Here is how to get your confidential Parent Portal account:
- See Tracy Waldhour, EES data clerk, for your personal log-in information. She must give it to you in person due to confidentiality. She will be available at Open House and each day during school hours to assist you.
- Once you log on to Parent Portal, you will change your password.
- Write your new password down because you will need it to access your student/s' grades.
- Using your Parent Portal account will allow you the ability to see all your children's grades in 1st-12th grade.
mission & vision
A note from our Principal“The wild hogs ate our lunch” is a remembrance from a former student of the Ebenezer Elementary One Room School that is located on site. It serves the school and community as a Living History project. Ebenezer Alive students frequently tour it and enjoy the remembrances of past students. The school’s last teacher, Mrs. Lorene Rountree, taught in it during the 1940’s, and current students enjoy a yearly “Grandparents Tea” there. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.