1st Nine Weeks
- Graphing Integers
- Absolute Value
- Additive Inverse
- Adding Integers with Counters
1. Define and use additive inverserves
2. Model integer addition with integer chips.
- Adding Integers - Number Lines
Learning Target: Model integer addition with number lines
- Adding Integers: Rules
Learning Target: Identify pattern(s) when adding integers and use those patterns to determine rules based on these patterns.
- Adding Integers: Mixed
Learning Target: Use models/rules interchangeably to add integers
- Subtracting Integers - Integer Chips
Learning Target: Model subtraction of integers using integer chips. Show adding zero pairs.
- Subtracting Integers - Number Lines
Learning Target: Rewrite subtraction problems as addition problems and model on a number line.
- Applications with addition and subtraction
Learning Target: Use integer operations to solve problems
- Multiplying and Dividing Integers
Learning Target: Identify and use strategies that are most useful in helpting develop algorithms for adding, subtracting,
multiplying, and dividing positive and negative rational numbers.
- Writing Fractions as Decimals: Repeating or Terminating
Learning Target: Use the steps to convert a rational number to a decimal using long division
- Debits and Credits
Learning Target: Use integer operations to balance a checkbook.