Ebenezer Middle School Football
Practice Schedule due to Hurrican Dorian:
1. Game against Langston Chaple has been moved to October 16th.
2. Team will practice full pads on the following days leading up to our game on 11 September 2019:
Friday 6 Sept - 4-6:30
Saturday 7 Sept - 10-1200
Monday 9 Sept - 4-6:30
Tuesday 10 Sept - 4-5:30
Wednesday 11 Sept - Home Game Vs. Effingham County Middle School, 5:00 p.m.
Support the Eagles - Please sign up to support the football team: hit the button below and sign up.
1. Players with 3 or more missed practices will be removed from the team. This includes the two weeks in Spring and the Fall Season.
2. All Players and Managers will ride the bus to th games and back to EMS after the games. No Exceptions.
3. All Players are required to pay a $130.00 equipment fee in order to play football. This fee is due 15 August 2019 prior to the start of the scrimmage at Bryan County.
4. Players that miss practice regardless of reason will be required to make up the practice with after practice conditioning consisting of 5 Burpees at each yard line beginning from the goal line.
5. Playing Time - Playing time is earned, there is no requirement for every player to play in games. First and foremost players must be able to defend themselves on the football field and must be able to defend their fellow teammates. Furthermore, players must have illustrated solid attendance, work ethic and the ability to understand the play call system we have at Ebenzer Middle School. Please ask your son or daughter first why they are not getting playing time before you ask any of the head coaches.
Equipment for Fall 2019 Season:
- There is a $130 equipment fee to play football makes checks out to EMS Football. Please turn in as soon as you can to Coach Bringer. Must be turned in prior to the first game in the Fall. Payment plans can be arranged.
- Shoes. Shoes will be only white, Black and Green. No other colors will be worn. There are over 10 dozen pairs of shoes in the locker room. If you wish your son can stop by and see me and get a pair from there if they wish.
- Mouth Guards - Players must have mouth guards on the first day of practice. If mouth guards are visible, they must be white, black or green.
- Girdle. It is highly recommended that all athletes get a 5 or 7 padded Girdle. This will allow for a more comfortable fit underneath the pants.**In order to play for the 2019 Fall Football Season each student athlete needs to:1. Have a current physical completed that is less than 1 year old. You can pick up packets from Mrs. Bringer in Room 202. Turn completed physicals into Coach Bringer in Room 312 or Mrs. Bringer Room 202.2. Pay equipment Fee of $130.003. Parent or Guardian Attend Meeting on Wednesday 8 May, 6:00 p.m. in EMS Cafeteria. Parents will sign discipline / behavior contract. If a parent misses they must review slides on line and confirm they have read and understanda ll policies prescribed by the school and Head Coach.4. Student athlete must be eligible:a. For Summer and Fall Football. In order to be academically eligible, students cannot have failed more than (1) class during the 2nd semester.b. Attendance. Students may not have more than 5 absences per nine weeks, execused or unexecused..c. Discipline. Students must stay out of detention, silent lunch and In School Suspensions (ISS) and Out of School Suspentions (OSS).Coaching StaffHead Coach - Coach Christopher D. Bringer - Offensive / Defensive Coordinator / Special Teams / QBs, RBs, and LBs.Assistant Coach - Coach Nathan Vickroy - WRs, TE / DBsAssistant Coach - Coach Matthew "Hunter" Smith - Offensive Line / Defensive Line