Ebenezer Middle School Football
1. Players with 3 or more excused missed practices will be removed from the team. This includes the two weeks in Spring and the Fall Season.
2. All Players and Managers will ride the bus to the games and back to EMS after the games. No Exceptions.
3. Players that earn detention must serve the detention at the earliest opportunity. If a player receives detention or In School Suspension (ISS) they will not dress for the game the week it is received. Even if a parent schedules detention at a later date, the player will miss a game. Missing a game counts as a missed practice.
4. Playing Time - Playing time is earned; there is no requirement for every player to play in games. First and foremost, players must be able to defend themselves on the football field and must be able to protect their fellow teammates. Furthermore, players must have illustrated reliable attendance, work ethic, and the ability to understand the play call system we have at Ebenezer Middle School. Please ask your son or daughter first why they are not getting playing time before you ask any of the coaches.
Equipment for Fall 2022 Season:
- Shoes. Shoes will be only white or Black and may a little Gold or Green in them. No other colors will be worn. There are over ten dozen pairs of shoes in the locker room. If you wish, your son can stop by and see me and get a pair from there if they wish.
- Mouth Guards - Players must have a mouth guard on the first day of practice. If mouth guards are visible, they must be white, black, or green.
- Girdle. It is highly recommended that all athletes get a 5 or 7 padded Girdle. This will allow for a more comfortable fit underneath the pants.**In order to play for the 2022 Fall Football Season each student-athlete needs to:1. Have a current physical completed that is less than 1 year old. Turn completed physicals into Coach Robinson in the gym.2. Parent or Guardian will attend a meeting (date and time TBD). Parents will sign a discipline/behavior contract. If a parent does not participate in the meeting, then they must review slides online and confirm they have read and understood all policies prescribed by the school and Head Coach.3. Student-athlete must be eligible:a. For Fall Football. In order to be academically eligible, students cannot have failed more than (1) class during the 2nd semester.b. Attendance. Students may not have more than 5 absences per nine weeks, excused or unexcused.c. Discipline. Students must stay out of detention, silent lunch, and In School-Suspension (ISS) and Out-of-School Suspension (OSS).