Ebenezer Middle School Football
August 2020 Season Notes
1. Practice begins after the first day of school on August 5th, from 4-6:15.
2. All athletes must bring the following to school in the morning and store in the locker room:
a. 1/2 gallon water jug filled with water.
b. Shorts and T-shirt, short sleeve, no SLEEVELESS shirts.
c. Running Shoes
3. Pick-up. Please do pick up just like we did all summer. Pull up to the stop sign and I will release players as cars pull up. Players will be ready by 6:30 each night. Please arrive between 6:10 and 6:30.
1. Players with 3 or more excused missed practices will be removed from the team. This includes the two weeks in Spring and the Fall Season.
2. All Players and Managers will ride the bus to the games and back to EMS after the games. No Exceptions.
3. All Players are required to pay a $150.00 equipment fee to play football. This fee is due 15 August 2019 before the start of the scrimmage at Bryan County.
4. Players that miss practice regardless of reason will be required to make up the practice with after practice conditioning consisting of 5 Burpees at each yard line beginning from the goal line.
5. Players that earn detention must serve the detention at the earliest opportunity. If a player receives detention, ISS, OSS, they will not dress for the game period. Even if a parent schedules detention at a later date, the player will miss a game. Missing a game counts as a missed practice.
6. Playing Time - Playing time is earned; there is no requirement for every player to play in games. First and foremost, players must be able to defend themselves on the football field and must be able to protect their fellow teammates. Furthermore, players must have illustrated reliable attendance, work ethic, and the ability to understand the play call system we have at Ebenezer Middle School. Please ask your son or daughter first why they are not getting playing time before you ask any of the coaches.
Equipment for Fall 2020 Season:
- There is a $150 equipment fee to play football makes checks out to EMS Football. Please turn in as soon as you can to Coach Bringer. Must be turned in before the first game in the Fall. Payment plans can be arranged. Equipment fee goes into reconditioning of the helmets and shoulder pads at the end of the season, game socks and washing uniforms.
- Shoes. Shoes will be only white or Black and may a little Gold or Green in them. No other colors will be worn. There are over ten dozen pairs of shoes in the locker room. If you wish, your son can stop by and see me and get a pair from there if they wish.
- Mouth Guards - Players must have a mouth guard on the first day of practice. If mouth guards are visible, they must be white, black, or green.
- Girdle. It is highly recommended that all athletes get a 5 or 7 padded Girdle. This will allow for a more comfortable fit underneath the pants.**In order to play for the 2020 Fall Football Season each student-athlete needs to:1. Have a current physical completed that is less than 1 year old. You can pick up packets from Mrs. Bringer in Room 202. Turn completed physicals into Coach Bringer in Room 312 or Mrs. Bringer Room 202.2. Pay equipment fee of $150.003. Parent or Guardian will attend a meeting (date and time TBD). Parents will sign a discipline/behavior contract. If a parent does not participate in the meeting, then they must review slides online and confirm they have read and understood all policies prescribed by the school and Head Coach.4. Student-athlete must be eligible:a. For Fall Football. In order to be academically eligible, students cannot have failed more than (1) class during the 2nd semester.b. Attendance. Students may not have more than 5 absences per nine weeks, excused or unexcused.c. Discipline. Students must stay out of detention, silent lunch, and In School-Suspension (ISS) and Out-of-School Suspension (OSS).Coaching Staff:Head Coach - Coach Christopher D. Bringer - Offensive / Defensive Coordinator / Special Teams / QBs, RBs, and LBs.Assistant Coach - Coach Matthew "Hunter" Smith - Offensive Line / Defensive LineAssistant Coach - Shane Ramsey - Wide Receivers / Defensive BacksAssistant Coach - Eric Campbell - Running Backs / Linebackers