Ebenezer Middle School Football
Due to the COVID-19 situation, free physicals orignally planned for first week of April is postponed.
6th Grade parents. If your student is interested in Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 football please email me firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add you to my REMIND and Email list.
Spring Practice Schedule:
27-29 April - Conditioning and Equipment Handout - 4:00 - 6:00
Thu 30 Apr 2020 - Combine
1. 40 Yard dash Timed
2. 20 Yard Shuttle Timed
3. Bench Press. 7th Graders, 95lbs, as many times as possible, 6th Graders 65lbs as many times as possible
4. L Drill for Time
5. Punt, Pass and Kick
Fri 1 May 2020 - No Practice
Mon 4 May 2020 - 4:00 - 6:30 - Helmets, Shirts and Shorts
Tue 5 May 2020 - 4:00 - 6:30 - Uppers and Helmets
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING - Tue 5 May at 6:00-7:00 in Cafeteria.
Wed 6 May 2020 - 4:00 - 6:30 - Uppers and Helmets
Thu - 7 May 2020 - Practice, Full Pads - 4:00 - 6:30
Fri 8 May 2020 - NO PRACTICE
Mon 11 May 2020 - Practice, Full Pads 4:00 -6:30
Tue 12 May 2020 - Practice, Full Pads 4:00 - 6:30
Wed 13 May 2020 - Practice, Full Pads 4:00 - 6:30
Thu 14 May 2020 - Practice, Full Pads 4:00 - 6:30
Fri 15 May 2020 - Spring Game vs. South Effingham Middle School at SEHS. 5:00
Summer Football will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11 - Beginning 2 June 20.
Support the Eagles - Please sign up to support the football team: hit the button below and sign up.
1. Players with 3 or more excused missed practices will be removed from the team. This includes the two weeks in Spring and the Fall Season.
2. All Players and Managers will ride the bus to the games and back to EMS after the games. No Exceptions.
3. All Players are required to pay a $150.00 equipment fee in order to play football. This fee is due 15 August 2019 prior to the start of the scrimmage at Bryan County.
4. Players that miss practice regardless of reason will be required to make up the practice with after practice conditioning consisting of 5 Burpees at each yard line beginning from the goal line.
5. Players that earn a detention must serve the detention at the earliest opportunity. If a player receives a detention, ISS, OSS they will not dress for the game period. Even if a parent schedules a detention at a later date, the player will miss a game. Missing a game counts as a missed practice.
6. Playing Time - Playing time is earned, there is no requirement for every player to play in games. First and foremost players must be able to defend themselves on the football field and must be able to defend their fellow teammates. Furthermore, players must have illustrated solid attendance, work ethic and the ability to understand the play call system we have at Ebenzer Middle School. Please ask your son or daughter first why they are not getting playing time before you ask any of the coaches.
Equipment for Fall 2020 Season:
- There is a $150 equipment fee to play football makes checks out to EMS Football. Please turn in as soon as you can to Coach Bringer. Must be turned in prior to the first game in the Fall. Payment plans can be arranged. Equpment fee goes into reconditioning of the helmets and shoulder pads at the end of the season, game socks and washing uniforms.
- Shoes. Shoes will be only white, Black and Green. No other colors will be worn. There are over 10 dozen pairs of shoes in the locker room. If you wish your son can stop by and see me and get a pair from there if they wish.
- Mouth Guards - Players must have mouth guards on the first day of practice. If mouth guards are visible, they must be white, black or green.
- Girdle. It is highly recommended that all athletes get a 5 or 7 padded Girdle. This will allow for a more comfortable fit underneath the pants.**In order to play for the 2020 Fall Football Season each student athlete needs to:1. Have a current physical completed that is less than 1 year old. You can pick up packets from Mrs. Bringer in Room 202. Turn completed physicals into Coach Bringer in Room 312 or Mrs. Bringer Room 202.2. Pay equipment Fee of $150.003. Parent or Guardian Attend Meeting on Tuesday 6 May, 6:00 p.m. in EMS Cafeteria. Parents will sign discipline / behavior contract. If a parent misses they must review slides on line and confirm they have read and understanda ll policies prescribed by the school and Head Coach.4. Student athlete must be eligible:a. For Summer and Fall Football. In order to be academically eligible, students cannot have failed more than (1) class during the 2nd semester.b. Attendance. Students may not have more than 5 absences per nine weeks, execused or unexecused..c. Discipline. Students must stay out of detention, silent lunch and In School Suspensions (ISS) and Out of School Suspentions (OSS).Coaching StaffHead Coach - Coach Christopher D. Bringer - Offensive / Defensive Coordinator / Special Teams / QBs, RBs, and LBs.Assistant Coach - Coach Matthew "Hunter" Smith - Offensive Line / Defensive Line