Welcome Effingham County Middle School Families and Students!
My name is Tonya Ward, and I am the Family Engagement Specialist for Effingham County Middle School. I have been working in Education for 30 years. I am a Graduate of Georgia Southern University with a Bachelor's of Science in Education and a Masters in School Counseling. I recently retired from School Counseling and decided to come back and work part time serving the families of ECMS. It is my honor to serve our students, families and the community in this role. I look forward to partnering with you and your family this school year!
As the ECMS Family Engagement Specialist, it is my job to help bridge the gap between home and school. My primary role is to make sure parents, our school and the community work together to create meaningful partnerships that ultimately lead to gains in student achievement. Research is clear that when schools and families support each other, students from all backgrounds and different abilities succeed at much higher levels. Let’s work together to make this a successful year for your child!
How can I PARTNER with you?
As ECMS Family Engagement Specialist, I can do the following for you:
- Provide engaging and informative programs with you in mind.
- Keep you informed about what's going on at ECMS and the district.
- Notify you in a timely manner of school events via phone calls, print, electronic and social media.
- Offer meaningful activities and events for parents and students.
- Assist you in connecting with relevant community services.
- Arrange meetings between you and faculty/administrators.
- Accompany you to parent conferences or meetings, as needed.
I welcome you to browse our ECMS Parent Involvement web pages for more information and resources. I encourage you to become an active participant in your student's school life this year. There are various ways in which you can serve.Please contact me and let's discuss how I can help you make this the best school year, EVER!
912-772-7001 ext. 1425
Parents, please visit our Family Resource Room located in the Counselor's Office. We offer a variety of pamphlets, brochures, books and educational materials for you to help your child. Most items can be checked out for home use. The Family Resource Room is open during school hours.
Please call to make an appointment with Tonya Ward.*