Please read all information here
Please understand to meet all Covid restrictions and eligibility criteria, you must signup to tryout. Signups for tryouts will be cutoff Tuesday, July 28th at Midnight.
Tryouts: Tryouts will be July 29th-31st at 4:30. They will end promptly at 6:30. Tryouts are closed to all parents/guardians. All girls will need to be dropped off 20 minutes prior to start time to go through Covid-19 regulations. Further information will be emailed out closer to tryouts Please complete the information on the google form if you are interested in trying out for the 2020 Softball Team. Must Complete this Form for Tryouts.
Please, go ahead and schedule your physicals with your primary care physicians. You will need to use the packet that is posted on this site. We must have a physical on file in order for you to be on the field.
Campus Entry and Exit Plans
Enter through the athletic field’s gate and continue to pick up or drop off areas. Street is one way for summer workouts.
Drop off 1 - Softball field concession stand.
Drop off 2 - Front of school.
Pick up 1 - Fire Hydrant between softball field and back parking lot.
Pick up 2 - Weight room exit.
Exit through the gate at the front of the school.
Athletes will wait for the coach to enter the fields. Temperatures will be checked, questions will be asked, and then both will be recorded in the notebook provided for each sport. When the session is complete, all athletes will exit the fields and proceed to the fire hydrant located between the softball field and back parking lot. From here, the coach will supervise pick up. The restrooms will be used and sanitized. No locker rooms or water fountains should be used.
Effingham County Middle School Athlete Expectations
1. Cannot fail more than one (1) class for the semester prior to the season.
2. Cannot miss over five (5) total days (excused or unexcused) per nine weeks.
3. Cannot have more than four (4) discipline referrals in the prior nine weeks to the season
4. Will turn in all work (classwork/homework) complete and on time.
5. Will abide by all classroom rules set forth by the teacher.
6. Will abide by all school rules.
**All discipline consequences are subject to administrative prerogative.
Team discipline consequences for athletes referred to the AP office:
1. 1st time in ISS- suspension from any school activity occuring on the assigned days in ISS, which may include one game.
2. 2nd time in ISS- suspension from any school activity occuring on the assigned days in ISS, to include one game.
3. Suspension- immediate dismissal from the team.
Practices are mandatory. All practice dates are posted through our team Band page. If there is any circumstances in which the student athlete cannot attend softball- related activities, Coach Papp must be notified before practice by personal contact, phone call to the Effingham County Middle Scool front office, or written statement by a parent/guardian.
Softball Tryouts for the 2020 Season will be July 29-31.
Girls trying out will need to wear pants and cleats to tryouts. They will also need a glove and bat.
If you are a catcher, please bring your catcher's gear.