Please continue to check back for information regarding tryouts for the 2021 school year.
All students will need to have a current physical on file (downloaded through the DRAGONFLY app) prior to the first day of tryouts.
Effingham County Middle School Athlete Expectations
1. Cannot fail more than one (1) class for the semester prior to the season.
2. Cannot miss over five (5) total days (excused or unexcused) per nine weeks.
3. Cannot have more than four (4) discipline referrals in the prior nine weeks to the season
4. Will turn in all work (classwork/homework) complete and on time.
5. Will abide by all classroom rules set forth by the teacher.
6. Will abide by all school rules.
**All discipline consequences are subject to administrative prerogative.
Team discipline consequences for athletes referred to the AP office:
1. 1st time in ISS- suspension from any school activity occuring on the assigned days in ISS, which may include one game.
2. 2nd time in ISS- suspension from any school activity occuring on the assigned days in ISS, to include one game.
3. Suspension- immediate dismissal from the team.
Practices are mandatory. All practice dates are posted. If there is any circumstances in which the student athlete cannot attend softball- related activities, the Coach must be notified before practice by personal contact, phone call to the Effingham County Middle Scool front office, or written statement by a parent/guardian.
Dates for Softball Tryouts for the 2021 Season will be posted soon/
Girls trying out will need to wear pants and cleats to tryouts. They will also need a glove and bat.
If you are a catcher, please bring your catcher's gear.