Teacher Contact Information
Name: Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Christopher D. Bringer
7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
Ebenezer Middle School Football Head Coach
South Effingham High School Wrestling Head Coach
PHONE: 912-754-7757 (EMS Office)
Mr. Bringer's Schedule
1st Period: 8:34-9:41
2nd Period: 9:44 - 11:30 (11:01 Lunch)
3rd Period: Data Analysis 11:33 - 12:23
4th Period: Class Planning 12:25 - 1:15
5th Period: 1:18 - 2:25
6th Period: 2:28 - 3:35, Co - Teach w/ Mr. Mock
Wrestling / Football Practice - August through February 4:00-6:30
7th Grade Social Studies Content
Section1: August - September
- United States overview focusing on geography, economic and government structure.
- United States historical documents overview (Declaration of Independence, US Constitution and the Bill of Rights).
- Overview of different types of Governments, Economic Systems and world Geography.
Section 2: October - November
- Geography, Economy and Government overview of Southwest Asia.
- Specific country overview of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia.
- World Religions: Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.
Section 3: December - January
- Geography, Economy and Government overview of Africa.
- Specific Country overview of Egypt, Sudan, South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya.
- Biography of Nelson Mandela.
Section 5: February - April
- Geography, Economy and Government overview of Southeast Asia
- Specific Country overview of Japan, South Korea, North Korea, India, Pakistan, and China
- World Religions: Hindu, Shinto, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism.
- Group Project: Students will be teamed up in groups of 2 or 3 students and they will develop a vacation poster and give an oral presentation of a country in Southeast Asia.
Section 6: April - May
- Junior Achievement presented by Georgia Pacific: Personal Finance (Every Thursday)
- Reading of "Red Scarf Girl" in class. Chinese Cultural Revolution.
Ongoing Themes all Year:
Current Events: Weekly discuss current events in the US and the world.
Social Studies Vocabulary development.
Respect to cultural diversity by respecting specific months devoted to cultural diversity:
September: National Hispanic / Latino Month
October: National Italian American Heritage Month
November: National American Indian Heritage Month
February: National African American Heritage Month
March: National Women’s Heritage Month
May: Asian / Pacific Islander Heritage Month