Welcome Springfield Elementary Parents, Guardians, Students and Family!
My name is Melissa Smith and I am the Family Engagement Specialist for Springfield Elementary School. I have been married to my husband, Terry, for 19 years. We have two sons, Trey, who is 18, graduated from ECHS last year and is working with the ILA and Ty, who is 12 and attends Ebenezer Middle School. We grew up in Effingham County and are proud to still call it our home.
It is my honor to serve our students, our families and the community in this role.
This will be my first year in this position. I am excited and look forward to partnering with you and your family this school year!
What is a Family Engagement Specialist?
My job as your Family Engagement Specialist is to help bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get information, help, and support they need to ensure their child’s academic success in school.
How can the Family Engagement Specialist help me?
My primary role as the Family Engagement Specialist is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children.
Often, parents feel uncomfortable about sharing their questions or concerns with teachers or school administration.
Since good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child’s academic success,
I will listen to your concerns and work with you to make sure that your situation is expressed and understood.
Additionally, I will help you find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child’s success in school.
As the Family Engagement Specialist, I want to be sure that you understand what you can do to get involved and stay informed in order to help your child perform his/her best.
What kind of assistance can the Family Engagement Specialist provide?
Feel free to contact me by phone, email or by coming to SES! I am here for you!Melissa Smith912-754-3326 ext. 1743Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Provide you with a personal tour of the school and explain the programs and resources available to you and your child.
- You do not have to be a new parent to request a school tour.
- Discuss some of the ways you can be more involved with the school.
- Answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
- Help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- At your request, I can accompany you to conferences or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation.
- Find out where to call or go to get special help or services for a child or your family.