Sherry Duff,Work-Based Learning Coordinator
(912)754-6404, ext. 1253
- Work-based learning is a work-based program for Juniors and Seniors that is supervised by a school coordinator and matches the student’s career pathway.
- Students must have completed at least one class in a CTAE pathway.
- WBL allows students to leave school early to go to work or come in late to school from work; whichever way works well with their schedule.
- Students must have a driver’s license, parking permit, and health insurance.
- Students receive school credit and can be in a paid or unpaid internship.
- Students must complete an application, secure teacher recommendations, complete a resume, and meet system eligibility requirements.
- Students gain extensive hands-on experience in a pathway concentration area and work with a mentor who can provide valuable insight into career path.
- WBL gives students the opportunity to transition form school to work.
- The WBL program may be the decisive factor in determining future carrer.
If students are interested, they need to see Mrs. Duff for answers to questions and to pick up an application.