Effingham Eagles LacrosseNew Head Specs
- Join the remind group by texting @echslax to 81010
- Conditioning/stick work will start as soon as football finishes. It will be mandatory on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the season starts. I will send a message out when this officially begins.
- New head rules go into effect this year. Heads must be universal or what used to just be called college legal.
- US Lacrosse membership must be renewed by the first game. More info to come on this closer to the season.
- Must have a physical on file. See Mrs. Powell in the AP office for the forms.
- Old gear. If anyone has old gear they would like to donate for new players, please let me know.
My plan this year is to do team helmets as this is the most expensive item for new players and is something to build on as we move forward. Based on previous fundraising efforts and with the number of players interested in purchasing their own I believe we can make this become a reality. The Cascade S is what we are looking at. This helmet is one of the newest and safest helmet options available. The individual price for this helmet if you were to customize it and purchase it on your own is around $330 not including taxes. With our team order we are able to get them for $210 each and through our school account we are tax exempt. The helmets are a matte grey with a navy chin and a red chrome facemask. See the picture on the lacrosse club page for more details.
Option 1 – Purchase the entire helmet upfront. The cost is $210 and the helmet is yours.
Option 2 – Rent your helmet. The cost of rental will be $50 dollars and it is good through the end of the season. You will have to sign a rental agreement as well. This would mean that you would only have the helmet to use for the actual months of the current season.
Option 3 – Split payment. You would pay $110 now so the order can be placed and then an additional $100 on or by March 1st. The helmet will be yours once the full amount has been payed. If you need to break up the payments in any other way, please let me know so we can work something out.
My goal is for everyone to purchase their own helmet but I know that for some this is not possible and I will do my best to accommodate every situation.
This year we are going to do a team pack that will include each players shooting shirt, practice jersey, game reversible sublimated jersey for home and away and sublimated shorts with pockets to match. The cost will be $110 at the most and possibly less.
The player fee is $40 to help with cost of balls, equipment, field paint, nets, official’s fees, coach’s travel, coaching fees and league dues. I love coaching lacrosse but in the past I have put a lot of my own money toward most of these things and I can’t afford to continue covering part of the expenses that the season requires. We do make money from the gates and the coke fundraiser that will also help with these as well. I also would like have money to offer another coach that could help provide instruction to players at practices and at games.
- Helmets - Money due November 8th. Let me know your intent. Full and partial payment players will receive their helmets as soon as they come in, rentals will be provided to players during preseason after returned rental agreements are received. If you change your mind about renting you may buy the helmet at any time.
- Player Pack – Money is due December 6th.
- Player Fee – Money is due February 1st.
- Second Helmet Payment – Money is due March 1st. Players who split payment for helmets will pay the final amount by this date.
Please come and see me to discuss any financial issue that you may have. I have plenty of equipment that can be borrowed at no extra cost and I want to make this sport accessible to all who truly want to play. I am here to grow the game and that starts with you.