Effingham LacrosseHead Specs that went into effect in 2018
Link to Sign Up: Boys Lacrosse Google Form
Link to Submit Sizes: Team Pack Sizes
- Join the remind group by texting @echslax to 81010
- Conditioning/stick work is mandatory on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the season starts. It begins immediately after school in the weight room and goes until 5:30. Please have your ride here at 5:30
- New head rules go into effect this year. Heads must be universal or what used to just be called college legal. Look for a U or X in the name or on the head somewhere. See me if you are unsure.
- US Lacrosse membership must be purchased or renewed by the first game. More info to come on this closer to the season.
- Must have a physical on file. See Mrs. Stafford in the AP office for the forms.
- Old gear. If anyone has old gear they would like to donate for new players, please let me know.
My plan this year is to do team helmets as this is the most expensive item for new players and is something to build on as we move forward. Based on previous fundraising efforts and with the number of players interested in purchasing their own I believe we can make this become a reality. The Cascade S is what we are looking at. This helmet is one of the newest and safest helmet options available. The individual price for this helmet if you were to customize it and purchase it on your own is around $330 not including taxes. With our team order, we are able to get them for $225 each. The helmets are a matte grey with a navy chin and a red chrome facemask. See the picture on the lacrosse club page for more details.
Option 1 – Purchase the entire helmet upfront. The cost is $220 and the helmet is yours.
Option 2 – Rent your helmet. The cost of the rental will be $55 dollars and it is good through the end of the season. You will have to sign a rental agreement as well. This would mean that you would only have the helmet to use for the actual months of the current season. There are only 15 rentals available at this time and once they are paid used buying will be the only option.
Option 3 – Split payment. You would pay $110 now so the order can be placed and then an additional $110 on or by February 1st. The helmet will be yours once the full amount has been paid. If you need to break up the payments in any other way, please let me know so we can work something out.
My goal is for everyone to purchase their own helmet but I know that for some this is not possible and I will do my best to accommodate every situation.
This year we are going to do a team pack that will include each players shooting shirt, practice jersey, quarter zip, practice shorts.
The player fee is to help with the cost of balls, equipment, field paint, nets, official’s fees, coach’s travel, coaching fees, and league dues. We do make money from the gates and the coke fundraiser that will also help with these as well. I also would like have money to offer another coach that could help provide instruction to players at practices and at games.
Please come and see me to discuss any financial issue that you may have. I have plenty of equipment that can be borrowed at no extra cost and I want to make this sport accessible to all who truly want to play. I am here to grow the game and that starts with you.