Teacher Stats Hi! My name is Brooke Deal and I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). This is my seventh year at Sand Hill Elementary and I love being a part of the Sand Hill "family".
My job is to help diagnose and treat students with communication impairments. Below is a brief description of Speech and Language Disorders:
• Articulation - the way we say our speech sounds
• Phonology - the speech patterns we use
• Apraxia - difficulty planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
• Fluency - stuttering
• Voice - problems with the way the voice sounds, such as hoarseness
• Receptive Language - difficulty understanding language
• Expressive Language - difficulty using language
• Pragmatic Language - social communication; the way we speak to each other
A little 'about me':
Originally from Tifton, Georgia, I attended Valdosta State University for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees in Speech-Language Pathology. I graduated with my Master's Degree in 1998. I'm married and my husband and I have two daughters. I enjoy spending time with my family on our farm. We have horses that we enjoy caring for on a daily basis. One of our daughters is an equestrian and is involved with hunter/jumper shows. My free time is usually something horse-related. We also have two additional four-legged members, Lilly and Roy that are very much a part of our family.
If you need to get in touch with me to discuss speech or language concerns, my email is: email@example.com or the school phone number is 912-728-5112. Have a great day!