Teacher Stats Hi! My name is Brooke Deal and I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). This is my fifth year at Sand Hill Elementary and I love being a part of the Sand Hill "family".
My job is to help diagnose and treat students with communication impairments. Below is a brief description of Speech and Language Disorders:
• Articulation - the way we say our speech sounds
• Phonology - the speech patterns we use
• Apraxia - difficulty planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
• Fluency - stuttering
• Voice - problems with the way the voice sounds, such as hoarseness
• Receptive Language - difficulty understanding language
• Expressive Language - difficulty using language
• Pragmatic Language - social communication; the way we speak to each other
In addition to providing therapy, I also enjoy spending time with my family. I am married with two beautiful daughters, Madeline and Sally Wryce. My family also has a four-legged member, Lilly.