Effingham County is proud to be apart
of the Google Apps for Education Program.HOW TO ACCESS YOUR SCHOOL ACCOUNT:
- Go to: http://www.google.com
[Keep in mind]If you change the password for one place (such as Google Drive) then it will change your password in all places (such as Gmail and your computer login).
- In the upper right corner, login to your account using your provided username / password
- This will be the same username / password that you will use to log you into your computer except at @effingham.k12.ga.us to the end of it.
- for example, if your name is:
- first name: Mindy
- middle name: Ray
- last name: Johnson
- Your username will be as follows:
- Your password will be as follows:
- this will be the same password you used to get on the school computer
- [NOTE] see the media specialist at your base school if you need your password reset.
- Once logged in you'll notice two main sections on the left side: "My Drive" and "Shared With Me"
- "My Drive" are files you created and/or own
- "Shared With Me" are files that someone else has shared with you
you have UNLIMITED storage on your school Google Account. (a personal google account only holds 15GB between Gmail, Drive, and Photos)GOOGLE APPS: (you have access to the following with your school google account):
- You can send / receive emails with others inside our district (such as your teachers and other students emails)
- This is a cloud-based storage area. You have unlimited storage here.
- Organize your personal and professional life via Google Calendar. Calendar can sync with your mobile device as well as send you reminder notifications.