The vision and goal of the Effingham County Cross Country team is to build upon the running abilities and interest of the student athletes, as well as promote a strong community that fosters the best interest of the program and its runners.
Want to join us this fall?
Anyone interested in joining our team, our family, please contact Coach PJ Richards. The first official practice is Thursday, August 5th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. During the month of August, practice will be held from 6:00 to 7:30 pm to avoid issues related to heat and indoor facilities. Beginning in September when the weather allows, we will practice daily from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Meets are usually held on Thursdays or Saturdays, and we beginning competing the last week in August.
In order to attend practice, every student-athlete must have a current physical and all forms completed in Dragonfly Max for the 2021-2022 school year. This team does not hold tryouts. Athletes may be dismissed for educational, attendance or behavioral issues. The last day for new runners to join this season is Monday, August 16, 2021; all returning runners are expected August 5th.
Why wait!!! Voluntary Summer Conditioning Starts the Week of June 14, 2021
Your success during the official running season starts in the summer with building your mileage. Coach Foskey and I encourage you to follow the volunteer summer running program on your own and/or join us on team runs. It is important for us to keep each other accountable by having running partners to encourage each other to build our running endurance and distance!
Once we verify that you have a current physical and all documents complete in Dragonfly Max for the 2021-2022 school year, we will share our ECHS XC Google Classroom code so that you have access to all running expectations, schedules, etc... If you would like up-to-date announcements, you may join our Remind now by texting @a9fd63 to 81010. Remind is mandatory for all team members.
Equipment Needed to Participate
1. A pair of running shoes (We highly recommend that you have these fitted by a running professional. Different brands fit different foot shapes and gaits)
2. Purchase a uniform (Singlet and shorts)
3. STRAVA App -- the basic app is free and can be used on your phone and/or gps watch
4. LARGE Water Bottle
5. Runner's Fee -- $100 (Runners may participate in a team fundraiser to cover this cost)
6. Great Attitude -- XC is for anyone who has the will to push themselves! You do not need to be a great runner; you just need to have the desire to compete and to finish the race!!
Thank you for considering our program. We hope you join us!
Head Coach: PJ Richards
Assistant Coach: Meredith Foskey