Hello! Welcome to the webpage of Coach Amy Duke!Name: Coach Amy Mock Duke
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number:Tutoring available upon request for all classes.
Biography -My name is Amy Duke and I have taught and Coached in Effingham County for 31 years.I am Married to T. Drexel Duke, Jr and have three daughters, Payton Duke, Bailey Duke and Tyler Duke Edenfield.This year I will be teaching Physical Education and Connections Math at ECMS. I will be Coaching Girls Basketball and assisting with Girls Soccer.
2018-2019 Classroom Management Plan
Step 1: For the 1st minor offense, parents will be contacted, and the parental contact will be documented in Infinite Campus. Parental contact must be two-way communication. (If the 1st offense is a major offense, skip to Step 4.)
Step 2: For the 2nd minor offense, a detention will be assigned, and parents will be contacted. The detention and the parental contact will be documented in Infinite Campus. Detention 1 is Strike 1. (If the 2nd offense is a major offense, skip to Step 4.)
Step 3: For the 3rd minor offense, a detention will be assigned, and parents will be contacted. The detention and the parental contact will be documented in Infinite Campus. Detention 2 is Strike 2. (If the 3rd offense is a major offense, skip to Step 4).
Step 4: A referral should be submitted. The referral is Strike 3. The dates for all parental contact should be listed on the referral under Details.
***For the following minor offenses, the teacher will assign a detention: sleeping, eating in class, being out of seat, singing, talking, horse playing, etc.
***For the following major offenses, the teacher will either send the student to the discipline office immediately or press the black button for assistance:
- aggressive or disrespectful behavior towards a teacher
- the use of profane language towards a teacher
- verbal or physical altercation with another student
- medical emergency
*** If a student reports to class after 10 minutes without a legal pass, they will need either a pass from the front office or a pass from the teacher or counselor they were with that caused them to be late for my class.
***A referral should be submitted on the 1st offense for using a cell phone without permission. The teacher should confiscate the cell phone and take it to the front office. The student should remain in the classroom. If the student becomes unruly, send the student to the office immediately or press the black button for assistance.
This behavior management plan has the potential to produce a number of positive results:
- When possible, it is important for students to be made aware of classroom rules and procedures and the consequences for breaking them before consequences are assigned. Reviewing this plan with students will encourage them to take responsibility for their own behavior.
- This plan will create an environment that is conducive to learning and may improve the academic performance of all students in the classroom. Students who are able to remain in the classroom will be able to receive the instruction they need in order to meet course requirements.
- This plan will promote discipline that is fair, equitable, and consistent.