Hello Sand Hill parents, guardians, and students! My name is Felicia Hills and I am the Family Engagement Specialist for SHES and GES. Please feel free to contact me by phone, email, or face-to-face at either school.My Schedule:
Mondays & Wednesdays - Guyton Elementary
(912) 772-3384 ext 2359
Tuesdays & Thursdays - Sand Hill Elementary
*Rotate on Fridays
*Schedule is subject to change depending on meetings, events, and other activities.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Family Engagment Specialist? My job is to help bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help and support they need to ensure their child’s academic success in school.
How can a Family Engagement Specialist Help Me? My primary role as the Family Engagement Specialist is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Often, parents feel uncomfortable about sharing their questions or concerns with the teachers or school administration. Because good communication between home and school is such a vital part of your child’s academic success, I will listen to your concerns and then work with you to make sure that your situation, question or point of view is expressed and understood. I will also help support you if you need to find ways to resolve any issues that may be hindering your child’s success in school. As the Parent Liaison, I want to be sure that you understand what you can do to get involved, keep informed, share information, and help your child do his or her best. Confidentiality highly is upheld.
What kind of assistance can the Family Engagment Specialist provide?
- Provide you with a personal tour of the school and explain the programs and resources available to you and your child. You do not have to be a new parent to get a school tour.
- Discuss some of the ways you can be more involved with the school.
- Answer questions you may have about school rules and regulations.
- Help arrange meetings between you and your child’s teachers or the school administration so that important information about your child is shared and understood.
- At your request, accompany you to a parent conference or other important meetings at the school to help clarify information about your child or home situation
- Find out whom you need to call or where you need to go to get special help or services for a child or your family.