Effingham College and Career Academy FCCLA
A national organization for students in Family and Consumer Science classes that teaches about FACS and leaderhip through competitive events and local activities.
Motto: Toward New Horizons
Our Mission: To promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking; interpersonal communication; practical knowledge; and vocational preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as the basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decision and for assuming responsibilities.
- To provide for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
- To promote family and consumer sciences, family and consumer sciences careers and related occupations.
Creed: We are the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage And high hope. For we have the clear consciousness of seeking Old and precious values, For we are the builders of homes, Homes for America’s future, Homes where living will be the expression of everything That is good and fair, Homes where truth and love and security and faith Will be realities, not dreams. We are the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America. We face the future with warm courage And high hope.
Flower: The red rose represents the organization because it gives joy through its beauty and fragrance. It symbolizes a desire for beauty in everyday living.
Publications: Publications available to Georgia FCCLA members are Teen Times, the official national magazine, and Georgia News, the official newspaper for Georgia FCCLA members.For more information please visit our national website:http://www.fcclainc.org or our state website: http://www.gafccla.comor see Mrs. Shuman