Mary-Elizabeth Vaquer (Vack-were)
Welcome to my website! I will be teaching AP Literature and 10th Literature for the 2021-2022 school year. Please reach out to me with any questions that you may have!
1st Period: Planning
2nd Period: 10th Literature
3rd Period: AP Literature
4th Period: Planning
5th Period: AP Literature
6th Period: 10th Literature
7th Period: 10th Literature
SUMMER READING REQUIREMENTS
12TH AP: 2021-22
- Each student is required to read And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
- Each student is required to read Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- Each student is required to read ONE book of his/her own choosing from the list below.
Assignments (Assignments will be completed in August, after the school year has begun. The only requirement over the summer is to read the novels.)
- Each student will be required to write an essay over Lord of the Flies. Essays will be written in class the first week of school. The essay will be worth one test grade. Essays should be at least five paragraphs in length and free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
- Students will be given a project over And Then There Were None upon their return to school.
- Though there is no written assignment for the book of choice, students will take a test over the book of choice. Test day will be the first full week of school. The test will be objective, and will cover elements of the plot as well as characters in the book. Students may wish to keep written notes over the plot and characters so that they can look back over them before taking the test.
And Then There Were None– Agatha Christie
Lord of the Flies – William Golding
Required Reading List
Rebecca – Daphne du Maurier
Brave New World –Aldous Huxley
Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
Pygmalion – George Bernard Shaw
Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
The Red Badge of Courage – Stephen Crane
A Separate Peace- John Knowles
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone number: 912-728-7511