Chorus Contract of Participation
Chorus is a privilege as well as an extra-curricular activity. In order to be successful it is important for all students to be able to attend all in-school rehearsals (unless they are not in school that day). Below are some attendance/tardy rules:
- Teachers may keep students from chorus to complete class work/ homework.
- Classroom teachers and music teacher can keep students from chorus because of behavior.
- Chorus starts at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday for 5th graders and Wednesday and Thursday for 4th graders. Tardies will be excused for fitness club participants on Wednesday and late buses. Breakfast goers will get a fast pass on chorus days and will be excused up until 7:45. Tardies will be unexcused for late car riders and bus riders who arrive on campus on time and don’t go to breakfast or fitness club.
- Absences will be excused/unexcused following the same attendance rules as stated in the Marlow handbook. Students kept from chorus due to behavior and/or refusal to do homework/class work will be unexcused.
- If your child is in I-pass they will NOT attend chorus on Wednesday and that WILL be excused. If you have any questions about this feel free to contact me.
- Students will be removed from chorus after two misses due to behavior and three misses due to homework/class work.
- Students will attend ALL in-school rehearsals unless their teacher keeps them from chorus.