To ensure availability of qualified substitute teachers for the 20/21 school year,
we have moved the 1st training date forward to August 10.
The deadline to apply is July 17.
How do I apply to be a Substitute Teacher?Please follow the application process as noted in the brochure.Application Procedure
- Applications are accepted at any time. Applications are available using our online application process.
- Complete and submit your online application.
- If selected, you will be contacted and an interviewed scheduled.
After a successful interview, you will attend a four-hour training session at the central office and be fingerprinted. There is a $20.00 fee for fingerprinting due when fingerprints are made. Payment types accepted are Cash, Check, or Money Order.
Items required at training
2020-2021 Training Dates
- Pen/pencil for note taking
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Proof of your highest level of education – must have at least a high school diploma or a GED.
- Upon completion of the training session, you will schedule and attend a two-hour observation in an Effingham County school. This must be done within three weeks of your training session.
- An observation form (provided at the training session) is to be signed by the school’s representative upon completion of your observation.
- Submit the observation form to the Human Resource Department at the Central Office
- After all, requirements have been met, your name will be added to the list of approved substitutes, you will receive your substitute teacher card and you may begin substituting.
Deadline to ApplyAugust 10
January 28July 17
January 4Training sessions will be held at:Effingham County Board of Education Central Office405 North Ash StreetSpringfield, GA 31329For more information, including pay rate and post-training steps, view our Substitute Teacher Brochure
Last Modified on July 23, 2020