Begins August 4, 2022
All traffic will enter the school during morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal through the Sand Hill Recreation Department. A new road has been paved to allow access between the two locations. This road was built to prevent congestion on Stagecoach Avenue and Sand Hill Road. The new entrance will be open and begin the first day of school for ALL parents. The SHES staff will enter the main entrance of the school (which was the old exit). A map has been provided to demonstrate the flow of traffic.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures:
- Have students prepared to exit the vehicle from the right side. This will help our car line move faster if students are on this side, and ready to exit with their belongings.
- Remain in your car and allow the staff to assist your child getting out of the car.
- Drop-off traffic will need to stop for buses exiting the school. School personnel will be there to assist traffic in stopping.
- Please be alert and watch for the appropriate times to stop at the crosswalk in front of the main entrance to the school. There will be school personnel directing traffic in this area.
- During the first few days of school many parents choose to walk their child/children into the building. We ask that everyone follow these parking procedures:
- Proceed to the Sand Hill Recreation Department to enter the school and parking area. Parents will not be allowed to enter either the main entrance or exit. Follow the flow of traffic and school personnel will show you where to park.
- To exit the parking lot, everyone will depart through the NEW exit. Do NOT attempt to drive through the old exit. School personnel and the Effingham Sheriff’s Department will direct you back to the new exit.
- Please be patient during these first few days. There will be lots of traffic and a new traffic pattern. Expect delays. After the first few days, the new routine will be established and things will move faster. Safety is our first priority.
- All traffic will enter the school during afternoon dismissal through the Sand Hill Recreation Department entrance. Stop at the car rider sign and do not enter the school circle until school personnel directs you to proceed.
- Students will be placed in your vehicle on the right side. Please be prepared to receive them on this side. Our traffic will move faster if this takes place.
- Pick-up traffic will need to stop for buses exiting the school. School personnel will be there to assist in stopping traffic.
- There will be six designated colored cones for student pick-up. A staff member will be at each cone to assist your child in getting in the vehicle once the traffic has stopped and it is safe.
- To exit the car rider line, everyone will depart through the NEW exit. Do NOT attempt to drive through the old exit.
- Expect delays! Many parents pick their children up from school during these first few days. The volume of traffic is heavy and it takes time to get back into the routine of pick-ups.
- Walk ups are not allowed during dismissal time. School personnel will ask you to re-enter the car line to pick up your child.
- If you haven’t received a car rider tag, there will be a table set up on the first day of school in the hallway to the right of the front lobby. Please stop by and get a tag if you plan to pick your child up from school. If you proceed through the car rider line without a number, you will be directed to the outside lane where school personnel will have to check your credentials. This takes extra time, so check out the car rider tag table on the first day of school before you leave.
- Parents are not allowed to sign students out after 2:10 PM.
- LEAP parents are not allowed to pick up their child until 3:15.
- If you have any questions, please contact the front office at (912) 728-5112.
Traffic Pattern Map
School Day Schedule
7:15 - First Bell
Car drop off begins at the front of the school and buses unload students at the rear of the school.
Students are not allowed on campus before 7:15 due to supervision issues.
Breakfast is served in the cafeteria.
7:45 Tardy Bell
Parents must sign students arriving after 7:45 into school in the front office.
Please be familiar with the BOE policy regarding tardies. [page 16]