Kristy Lanier, School Psychologist
My role as a school psychologist is to help students succeed academically, socially and emotionally. I collaborate with teachers and administrators, parents and other professionals to create safe, healthy and supportive learning environments for all students that strengthen connections between home and school.
I serve 3 schools, so the best way to reach me is by email. You can also reach me by phone by calling your school's main number.
Kristy Lanier, Ed.S.
Guyton Elementary 912.772.3384
South Effingham Middle 912.728.7500
South Effingham High 912.728.7511
What do school psychologists do?
- work to find the best solutions for each student and situation
- use different strategies to address student needs and to improve school and district-wide support systems
- work with students individually and in groups.
- develop programs to assist teachers and parents with effective teaching and learning strategies, techniques to manage behavior at home and in the classroom and work with students with disabilities or special talents
- assist in preventing and managing crises.
- collaborate with teachers, parents and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems as well as strengthen working relationships between teachers, parents and service providers
- evaluate eligibility for special services, assess academic skills and aptitude for learning and determine social-emotional development and mental health status
ℹ️ The links to additional resources are suggestions for further parent information. The school cannot be held accountable for the content of the websites or additional links.