• New address? let us help

Change of Address

  • If you have moved:
    1. Fill out a Change of Address Form
    2. Attach an updated proof of residency
    3. Submit it to the school Data Clerk.

    If you have multiple students in the county, you only need to fill out one form. The address will change for all of your students.

    You can check the school attendance zone of your new address by clicking HERE.

Proof of Residency

  •  Cell phone bills will not be accepted as valid proof of residence.

     According to the Effingham County Schools Student and Parent Handbook, a valid proof of residency is considered as follows:

    Effingham County Schools Board Policy states:
    “At any time, upon request by school or district staff, the parent /guardian shall be required to present proof of residency (such as an electric bill, city water bill, etc.) and to certify that the student is a full-time resident, (i.e. 12 months a year). This certification may also be dependent on visual inspection by school district officials.”

      Family Residency Affidavit

      • If the registering parent doesn't have a valid proof of residency in their name, you must fill out a Family Residency Affidavit.

        This form must be signed by both the parent and the person who either owns or rents the home and has the utility or lease in his/her name.

        Notarization of the FRA must be completed by an Effingham County employee (School Official or Central Registration). The homeowner must provide 2 forms of proof of residency (current within 30 days) and the parent provides an additional piece of mail. 

      Last Modified on February 9, 2023