District Lock Screen Photo Submission
Summary of Rules
- The photo must have been taken within Effingham County
- The photo will be altered (type added, cropped, etc)
- The picture must be K12 appropriate
- The photographer still owns the copyright of the submitted photo, but the photographer has granted the photo into Creative Commons as Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC)
- This means
- ECSD will give credit to the photographer when using the photo
- We cannot sell or make money off of the photo
- This ECSD Lock Screen Photo Submission is open only to the faculty, staff, and students of the Effingham County School District. The photo must have been taken by an Effingham County School District employee (faculty/staff) or currently enrolled student. Contest participants should be the photographers and holders of the copyrights of the submitted photo(s). Submission participants should understand that by submitting the photo, the Creative Commons license Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC) is applied to the picture concerned.
Location of photo:
- The photo MUST have been taken in Effingham County, Georgia. The location must be provided.
- Since the monitors are widesceen the image needs to be in landscape orientation.
- The winning photo(s) will be modified for multiple screen sizes. Other ECSD important information such as the Georgia Code of Ethics will be added to the image. (to view examples, please visit:
- Photo is K-12 school appropriate as the winning photo(s) will display on all desktop/laptop computers in the district.
- All recognizable persons in the photograph must have agreed to be photographed. If needed, a simple Model Release form can be found here.
Agreement to Rules:
- By participating, the submitter (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. Also, You agree to accept all decisions of ECSD Lock Screen Photo Contest.
How to participate:
- Eligible persons need to register for the ECSD Lock Screen Photo Submission by submitting a registration using the online form. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the ECSD Communications Department. You must provide the information requested. Disqualification may occur if there are doubts about copyright or if the necessary permissions about the photo have not been given, or if the submitting author does not agree with the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC), or if third parties can assert copyright on the photo.
As a condition for entry, submission participants must ensure their pictures provide an accurate and fair representation of the scene they witnessed, so the audience is not misled. This means that participants:
- Must maintain the picture’s integrity by ensuring there are no important material changes to the picture content.
- Must not intentionally set up the scene they picture by re-enacting or staging picture content.
- Must ensure all provided information when submitting a picture is accurate.
By entering, you agree to give the following license under which users can use your picture:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC), so we can use the picture on the ECSD Lock Screen and other promotional materials.
CC BY-NC: This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for non-commercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator.
It includes the following elements:
BY – Credit must be given to the creator
NC – Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted
Note: Since the submission form is open to all faculty, staff, and students of the Effingham County School District, you will have to be logged into Google with your ECSD Google Credentials to view and fill out the form. If you are an ECSD employee but do not have an ECSD email (such as cafeteria personnel, maintenance personnel, custodial personnel, etc.), please ask a friend, administrative assistant, teacher, etc., to submit it for you as a proxy. If you are the parent of an elementary-aged student, you can ask your child's teacher to submit as a proxy, or you can log into Google with your child's official ECSD school email address. Their email will start with 's.' (s dot). Not sure of their email address, check-in Parent/Student Portal (Infinite Campus) as email addresses for students have been imported.
If the submission form does not appear below, click here