CHORUS REHEARSAL TIMES:4th grade chorus - 8:10-8:50 A.M. on Wednesdays5th grade chorus - 8:10-8:50 A.M. on ThursdaysCombined rehearsals - 8:10-8:50 A.M. Fridays (closer to concert dates)________________________________________________________Attention Chorus Students and Chorus Parents:Well, we only have one concert left this school year, and that is our spirng concert. The concert is Thursday, May 14th at 7:00 pm at EES.The 4th and 5th grade choruses will be performing the musical Joust. The musical is set in the medieval times, so the students will need to dress in the appropriate attire. A letter was sent home about the concert last week (March 11th and 12th). There are many speaking parts in this musical, so if your child has one of these he/she will need to dress as that character. The characters include knights, ladies in waiting, and jestures. When school is back in, your child will be given his/her part if they have been assigned one.I have created two pages on this web page just for the Joust lyrics and music so your child can practice at home. Please email me if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.orgThank you parents for allowing your child to participate in the EES Chorus this school year. I have really enjoyed teaching them. I hope they will continue to participate in chorus next year at EES, EMS, or ECMS.Have a great summer!Mrs. JerniganConcerts:
-May 14, 2020-EES Spring Concert-7:00 PM-EES CafeteriaCONCERT ATTIREChorus members will wear a solid black polo (uniform) shirt with khaki pants/skirt, and closed toe, black shoes. No shorts please!
Chorus is a privilege as well as an extra-curricular activity. In order to be successful it is important for all students to be able to attend all in-school rehearsals (unless they are not in school that day). Below are some attendance/tardy rules:
- Teachers may keep students from chorus to complete class work/ homework.
- Classroom teachers and music teacher can keep students from chorus because of behavior.
- Chorus starts at 8:10 a.m. on Wednesdays for 4th grade and Thursdays for 5th grade. Tardies will be excused for late buses. Breakfast goers will get a fast pass on chorus days and will be excused up until 8:30. Tardies will be unexcused for late car riders and bus riders who arrive on campus on time and don’t go to breakfast.
- Absences will be excused/unexcused following the same attendance rules as stated in the EES handbook.
- Students kept from chorus due to behavior and/or refusal to do homework/class work will be unexcused.
- Students will be removed from chorus after three absences due to behavior or homework/class work.
- Students will attend ALL in-school rehearsals unless they have an excused tardy after 8:50 or are absent from school with an excused absence.