CHORUS REHEARSAL TIMES:4th grade chorus - 8:10-8:50 A.M. on Wednesdays5th grade chorus - 8:10-8:50 A.M. on ThursdaysCombined rehearsals - 8:10-8:50 A.M. Fridays (closer to concert dates)________________________________________________________Attention Chorus Students and Chorus Parents:Great news! the chorus will be singing at the Hilton Head-Savannah international airport on Monday, Dec. 16th at from 11:00-11:30. Parents are invited to come and listen. Look for a letter to come home soon.We will also be performaning our Christmas concert at EES on Thursday night, Dec. 19th at 7:00.One of my favorite concerts. It is our Music In Our Schools Month concert that will take place at Rincon First Baptist Church on Monday, March 2nd at 6:30 pm. This is always an awesome concert to hear and see. It showcases four of Effingham's elementary choruses. What an awesome learning experience for our elementary chorus students. You will definitely not want to miss it, and plan to stay for the entire concert!Our last concert that we will performing will be the spring concert on Thursday night, May 14th at 7:00 at EES.Letters will be sent home concerning each of the concerts listed above as we get closer to the concert dates.Thank you parents for allowing your child to participate in the EES Chorus. I hope your child will enjoy chorus as much as I enjoy teaching it!I look forward to seeing you at the concerts.Mrs. JerniganConcerts:-Dec. 16, 2019-Singing at the airport-11:00-11:30-Dec. 19, 2019-Christmas Concert-7:00 PM EES Cafeteria-March 2, 2019-Music In Our Schools Month Concert-6:30 PM Rincon First Baptist Church-
-May 14, 2019-EES Spring Concert-7:00 PM-EES CafeteriaCONCERT ATTIREChorus members will wear a solid black polo (uniform) shirt with khaki pants/skirt, and closed toe, black shoes. No shorts please!
Chorus is a privilege as well as an extra-curricular activity. In order to be successful it is important for all students to be able to attend all in-school rehearsals (unless they are not in school that day). Below are some attendance/tardy rules:
- Teachers may keep students from chorus to complete class work/ homework.
- Classroom teachers and music teacher can keep students from chorus because of behavior.
- Chorus starts at 8:10 a.m. on Wednesdays for 4th grade and Thursdays for 5th grade. Tardies will be excused for late buses. Breakfast goers will get a fast pass on chorus days and will be excused up until 8:30. Tardies will be unexcused for late car riders and bus riders who arrive on campus on time and don’t go to breakfast.
- Absences will be excused/unexcused following the same attendance rules as stated in the EES handbook.
- Students kept from chorus due to behavior and/or refusal to do homework/class work will be unexcused.
- Students will be removed from chorus after three absences due to behavior or homework/class work.
- Students will attend ALL in-school rehearsals unless they have an excused tardy after 8:50 or are absent from school with an excused absence.