WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS are posted in GoogleClassroom.
Look for the newspaper emoji icon.
- Charge Chromebook every afternoon and return to bookbag before bed each night.
- Check GoogleClassroom for homework assignments.
- Read a book for enjoyment!
AT HOME LEARNING AR Tips & FAQs
https://hosted186.renlearn.com/55805/ <---- use this link to log into AR
- Do work hard towards meeting your AR goal and building your independent reading strength & stamina.
- Read for at least 5-10 minutes everyday.
- DO NOT change password!
- DO NOT take a test after one reading of a book.
- Read a book 3 times before you test on it, just like we do at school.
- Is your book nonfiction? You probably want to read it 4-5 times, there are lots of facts & information in nonfiction books to remember. Additional readings will be helpful before you take the test!
- Record your book(s): write the title and the score once you take the test (at school we do this in our library folders).
- Chapter books may be test books, but at this time we are not ready for testing on chapter books. As of January 2021-we are not testing on chapter books.
- Some books read on EPIC! are also test books.
- Mrs. Campbell, how do we log in?
username _ _ _ _ _
password _ _ _ _ _
(NO SPACES or CAPITAL LETTERS NEEDED WHEN ENTERING THE ABOVE)
- Did we do a bad job if we made an 80%?
NO! Not at all...an 80% is a great indication that your child understood what they were reading, but did have to use their brain to think and/or work to understand what they were reading. Mrs. Campbell will never be disapointed with scores of 80%.
- Are we doing something wrong, my other child logs into AR differently than your directions?
No, you are not. I changed the default usernames and passwords to something I thought was more user friendly for 1st graders to start using the AR program.
- Should I read the test to my child?
No, but could you help them with a word here or there...yes. If they read the book on their own, they should take the test on their own.
- Can they listen to the questions if it has the option for them to have the test read to them?
Yes, I am ok with them using this option when it is available. I just don't want them to rely on it always being read to them.