Spring Title I Parent Input meeting
Hey Parents! Did you know that your input matters?
Join us on May 11 for an informative meeting on Title I documents and activities for the 2021-2022 school year!
This is your chance to voice your opinions, concerns, input and anything you feel we should know!
EHS Conducting Free Physicals
Effingham Health System (EHS) will have appointment slots for physicals available beginning April 12 and can be scheduled through July 31 (or until all available slots are filled). Locations are scheduling now, but are limited on time and space, so schedule your free physical appointment as soon as possible.
FREE FOOD AND MEAL ASSISTANCE
Food Should Always Be Within Reach
If you or your family don't always have money for food, visit the FoodFinder website or download our app to find places nearby where you can get free food and meal assistance. foodfinder.us
The Georgia Department of Public Health released the following information regarding state preparations for COVID-19 (Corona Virus):
DPH will continue to update Georgians through their website:
The CDC will provide updates at:
PLEASE HELP US OUT!!!
Boxtops for Education is changing the way schools can earn money! No more cutting those little tops! All you have to do is download the BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION app from the app store, sign up for an account (you can use your facebook acct), put on 31312 and pick EFFINGHAM COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL, then every time you go shopping scan your receipt and our library earn 10 cents for every item with a box top. You can scan receipts up to 14 days. It is pretty easy! We earn a check twice a year and we use that to buy books for our media center!
Parents' Right to Know
Parents may request the following information regarding teacher qualifications as required by the "Every Student Succeeds" Act: Information regarding their student's classroom teacher's certificate or credentials and/or college major and graduate degree information. Parents may also request information regarding the licensing and training of paraprofessionals. Requests may be made in writing to the school principal or Mrs. Susan Hartzog, Director of Human Resources, Effingham BOE, 405 North Ash Street, Springfield, GA 31329.
mission & vision
Engaging learners for future success.
Make every moment count because every student matters.
● student engagement is key to success
● in high expectations for all
● that learning is a shared responsibility
● in supporting the whole child
● a positive, caring staff makes a difference
● in safe learning environments
● everyone should be treated with respectA note from our PrincipalWhether this is your first or third year on the ECMS campus, I welcome your return to our school and look forward to working with each of you in order to provide the best possible learning environment for all of our students. I encourage all of you to become involved in our many programs such as fine arts, athletics, academics, and club activities. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.