Pre-K Registration UpdateAppointments for Pre-K Lottery are being postponed until further notice. In light of the Effingham County Board of Education closing of schools and associated events effective immediately, Pre-K Registration and the lottery drawing have been postponed. As soon as we have more information, we will contact you regarding rescheduling your appointment. This will NOT impact the results of the lottery process.
You can make your future appointment time more efficient by following these steps:
- Use this time to make sure that you have ALL of your documents – including birth certificate and a proof of residency that is current within 30 days of your appointment. All required documents must be brought to your appointment to complete your registration.
- Be on the lookout for future emails regarding NEW appointment dates so you can reschedule your appointment.
- If you have not already submitted your application, please do so as soon as possible. You should have received a confirmation email stating that your application was submitted. Go to www.effinghamschools.com/crc for instructions.
These instructions are pending date changes due to school closures. You may follow the procedures listed below to submit your application, but please note that appointments are not being scheduled at this time.
All parents interested in the Effingham County Schools Bright From the Start Pre-Kindergarten program are required to complete a pre-registration process. For 2020-21 Pre-K registration, we are using our online registration system to accept applications. The online application must be submitted prior to the registration appointment and all required personal documents must be brought to the appointment.Please note that cell phones and tablets are not recommended for submitting your online application. If you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer, you can arrive at your appointment 30-45 minutes early and use a computer at the Pre-K registration site.
View the printable version of this page
Your child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of each current school year to be eligible for the Effingham County Pre-K Program as required by the Bright from the Start: Department of Early Care and Learning. Only valid Effingham residents or full-time ECSD employees (Georgia residents only) are eligible for the Bright from the Start Pre-K Lottery Drawing.
Appointment slots are structured around the application being completed prior to the time of your appointment. Your online application must be received by your scheduled appointment date and time. Appointments will be held at the Effingham County Board of Education Central Office.
Parents who do not use online registration to submit their applications or who do not have internet access/a computer at home should arrive to their appointments 30-45 minutes early and use our computer lab to complete the application process. Attendants will be on hand to assist with the online application process.
Please keep in mind that the date of the registration appointment has no effect on your child’s chances of being drawn in the lottery. Whether your appointment is on the first day of registration or the last day, all students with a complete registration packet for the Pre-K Lottery (including all required documents and a completed appointment) will have a chance of being drawn in the lottery.
Following are the steps for completing this process:2020-21 Pre-Kindergarten Application and Registration Timeline
Pre-K applications accepted online TBA Pre-K appointments window TBA Pre-K Lottery Drawing TBAPre-Kindergarten Application and Pre-Registration Instructions
Prior to making an appointment, we encourage you to use our Online Registration System (applications available beginning Feb. 17th) to submit your application. View our Online Registration Information page for assistance with the online application process. Your online application must be received by your scheduled appointment date and time. You may arrive 30-45 minutes early to your appointment if you do not have a computer or device to use for online registration.
- On or after February 17th, use our online booking website to make your appointment (link available February 17th) or call your zoned school. It is possible for one parent/guardian to fill out the application while the other parent attends the appointment, however; keep in mind that the person attending the appointment will be signing all required documentation and be the “Registering Parent” as required by Georgia law.
- If your child's immunizations are not current or were last issued in another state, call to schedule an appointment with your child's health care provider or the Effingham County Health Department. Be sure to call for immunization appointments at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure that your child's immunizations are received prior to your registration appointment. If your child turns 4 after March 27, 2020, we will temporarily waive the immunization requirements until after your child has attained the age of 4. However, if your child turns 4 on or prior to March 27, 2020, you will be required to submit a current immunization certificate as a condition of being included in the Pre-K lottery drawing.
All first time Pre-Kindergarten students are required to have a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300). You may choose to have your child's health care provider conduct this exam, or the exam may also be completed at the Effingham County Health Department. The Health Department charges $30 for this exam. The Health Department will conduct the exams on 3-year-old children. However, many private physicians and dentists will not complete this exam until the child has turned 4 years of age. If you plan to use the Health Department, please go ahead and complete this step now. If you intend to use a private physician and your child turns 4 after March 27, 2020, we will temporarily waive the requirement until after your child has attained the age of 4. However, if your child turns 4 on or prior to March 27, 2020, you will be required to submit a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300) as a condition of being included in the Pre-K lottery drawing.
*NOTE: Many physicians will not complete the dental portion of the screening, requiring parents to also visit a dentist for completion of that portion of the form. The Effingham County Health Department will conduct the entire exam.
In addition to completing your application online, please review the forms below and print any that apply to your student(s). If your child has severe allergies, asthma, seizures, or diabetes, the applicable healthcare action plan below must be completed by your child's physician and returned prior to the first day of school attendance:
Health Services website
*If your child has any other serious medical condition which requires or may require treatment by a medical professional during school hours, please submit a specific action plan from your child's physician.
Be sure to bring to your registration appointment all items listed below as part of the required documentation. Your child's name will NOT be placed in the lottery drawing for the Bright from the Start Pre-Kindergarten program unless all registration requirements are met!
• Proof of Residency: (must be no older than 30 days)• Homeowners: Landline telephone, electric, or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence as the service address of the utility.• Renters: Telephone, electric or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence as the service address of the utility.~ OR ~
Current: Rent receipt and rental agreement that is inclusive of all utilitiesNote: Cell phone bills will not be accepted as valid proof of residence.• Certified copy of student's original birth certificate or other acceptable evidence of age as specified in Effingham County Board of Education Policy JBC: School Admissions. (The state of Georgia requires that students must be 4 years old on or before 9/1/2020 to enroll in Pre-kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year.)• A copy of the enrolling student's social security card. (Parent may elect to sign a form at the time of registration stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number, pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-150.)• Completed Georgia Immunization Form and EEDN (Eye, Ear, Dental & Nutritional) Form.• Permanent custody papers through the court if student lives with anyone other than the natural parents.• Any court orders that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child's educational records.• Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.• Picture ID of parent or legal guardian registering child.• If the family is living in the household with someone else, you must submit a notarized 'Family Residency Affidavit' stating that the parent and child(ren) live in the house with them, along with valid proof of residency. Both the parent/legal guardian and the person the family is living with should come to the Center at the time of registration to have this statement notarized.• Documentation of any health concerns or allergies of which the school should be aware.