The 411 on CollegeIf you want to continue your education at a two- or four-year college, it’s a good idea to do some thinking and planning now. The Georgia Student Finance Commission has created a tool you can use to make that planning process fairly easy. Visit GAcollege411 (www.gacollege411.org) to set up a free, secure, and private account. You can use your account to:
Assistance for FamiliesA special section on the Web site is designed for families.
- Learn about careers that match your interests and personality (Career Keys)
- Keep a record of your high school grades, honors, test scores, and activities
- Compare your high school course work with the admissions requirements of Georgia’s colleges and universities
- Apply to Georgia colleges
- Submit financial aid applications
Team members and families may also want to research scholarship and tuition financial aid sites on the Internet, such as www.fastweb.org. School counselors and teacher/advisors are also a good resource for this information.
- Information provided here includes
- Tips on saving for college
- Advice on helping team members plan for the future
- An overview of tax benefits affecting tuition payments
Last Modified on July 7, 2010