Effingham County School District
Gifted Education Goals
· Extend and enrich the CCGPS for advanced learner
· Develop and practice higher order and critical thinking skills
· Develop and practice creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Develop advanced research and study skills
· Develop and practice skills in the utilization of advanced technology
· Strengthen communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, and written) using various forms of media.
· Develop leadership and social skills
· Encourage students to develop “can- do” attitudes, positive self-concept, and respect for others.