Carla Newton, Heather Reese, and their virtual class are the winners of our Book Week door contest! Thank you so much for participating!!
The Georgia Department of Public Health released the following information regarding state preparations for COVID-19 (Corona Virus):
DPH will continue to update Georgians through their website:
The CDC will provide updates at:
PLEASE HELP US OUT!!!
Boxtops for Education is changing the way schools can earn money! No more cutting those little tops! All you have to do is download the BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION app from the app store, sign up for an account (you can use your facebook acct), put on 31312 and pick EFFINGHAM COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOL, then every time you go shopping scan your receipt and our library earn 10 cents for every item with a box top. You can scan receipts up to 14 days. It is pretty easy! We earn a check twice a year and we use that to buy books for our media center!
Parents' Right to Know
Parents may request the following information regarding teacher qualifications as required by the "Every Student Succeeds" Act: Information regarding their student's classroom teacher's certificate or credentials and/or college major and graduate degree information. Parents may also request information regarding the licensing and training of paraprofessionals. Requests may be made in writing to the school principal or Mrs. Susan Hartzog, Director of Human Resources, Effingham BOE, 405 North Ash Street, Springfield, GA 31329.
mission & vision
The mission statement of the Effingham County School System and Effingham Middle School is to provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post secondary success.
1. We believe school staff, parents, students, and community working together to promote excellence in academics and character.
2. We believe differentiated learning opportunities provide for academic success.
3. We believe a safe and respectful environment promotes learning while enhancing positive relationships between students and staff.
4. We believe data should guide decision making and student learning..
The vision of Effingham County Middle School is to
Educate, Challenge, Motivate, and Succeed.A note from our PrincipalWhether this is your first or third year on the ECMS campus, I welcome your return to our school and look forward to working with each of you in order to provide the best possible learning environment for all of our students. I encourage all of you to become involved in our many programs such as fine arts, athletics, academics, and club activities. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.