Matthew Underwood Receives Autographed Ball from Georgia Bulldogs
Students, get your sports athletic passes for $10.00. See Mr. Smith in Room 717 to purchase.
These passes allow you to attend any regular season ECMS home athletic event (regional games do not qualify).
Parents' Right to Know
Parents may request the following information regarding teacher qualifications as required by the "Every Student Succeeds" Act: Information regarding their student's classroom teacher's certificate or credentials and/or college major and graduate degree information. Parents may also request information regarding the licensing and training of paraprofessionals. Requests may be made in writing to the school principal or Mrs. Susan Hartzog, Director of Human Resources, Effingham BOE, 405 North Ash Street, Springfield, GA 31329.
To view Spanish version, click Parents tab/Documents.
ECMS PARENT PORTAL INFORMATION FORMBeginning with the 2014-15 school year, the Effingham County School District will no longer mass print report cards and progress reports. Parents will need to access the grade report information in one of two ways: 1) Via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or 2) By requesting that hard copies of the grades be sent home upon each release of progress reports and report cards. If you need access to the parent portal or need hard copies to be sent home due to a lack of internet service, please print out the ECMS Parent Portal Information Form, complete it, and return it to the school with your student. Thank you!
mission & vision
The mission statement of the Effingham County School System and Effingham Middle School is to provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post secondary success.
1. We believe school staff, parents, students, and community working together to promote excellence in academics and character.
2. We believe differentiated learning opportunities provide for academic success.
3. We believe a safe and respectful environment promotes learning while enhancing positive relationships between students and staff.
4. We believe data should guide decision making and student learning..
The vision of Effingham County Middle School is to
Educate, Challenge, Motivate, and Succeed.A note from our PrincipalWhether this is your first or third year on the ECMS campus, I welcome your return to our school and look forward to working with each of you in order to provide the best possible learning environment for all of our students. I encourage all of you to become involved in our many programs such as fine arts, athletics, academics, and club activities. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.