Scan documents with Google Drive (Android ONLY)
Scan a document
- Open the Google Drive app .
- In the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Scan .
- Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan.
- Adjust scan area: Tap Crop .
- Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page .
- Scan another page: Tap Add .
- To save the finished document, tap Done .
How to scan documents and make PDFs using Notes on your iPhone or iPad
Before you create a PDF, you have to capture your document as a new note.
1. Launch the Notes app.
2. Tap the New Note button in the lower right.
3. Hit the (+) icon to add an attachment to the note. (This is how you add images or sketches to notes.)
4. Choose Scan Documents from the list that pops up.
5. Line up the document you wish to scan in the view.
6. You’ll see a yellow rectangle over the document, and if you hold your iPhone or iPad steady, it should take the photo automatically. If not, you can press the shutter button.
7. The scan will move down to the lower left; you can tap it to see how it came out, and then press Done or Retake at the top of the screen.
To make a single multi-page document, just keep taking scans of additional pages. When you’re done, press the Save button in the lower-right, which will show how many pages you’ve scanned.
Now you’ll have a new note with all your pages in it.
How to save your Note as a PDF
Having your scanned documents in Notes can be useful, but it’s not always as portable as you may need it to be. So let’s convert it into a PDF.
1. With the note open, tap on the scanned document to get an expanded view of it. You should be able to scroll through all the pages you’ve scanned.
2. Press the Share button in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Look for the Create PDF button along the bottom of the share sheet, and tap it.
4. You’ll see a preview of your PDF. In the upper right corner is a Markup button you can use to draw on the PDF before you save it, if you want (it looks like a pen tip).
5. Press Done in the upper left. You’ll be presented with the options to Save File To…, Delete PDF, or Cancel. Choose Save File To…
6. You’ll then be presented with a list of locations to which you can save your PDF, including folders on your phone and iCloud folders. Pick a location and tap Add in the upper right.