- October 24: STEM Club
- October 25: Spooky Supper
- October 28-November 1: Red Ribbon Week
Monday, 10/28 “Be a Superhero and SAY NO TO DRUGS” Students may wear a superhero shirt with uniform bottoms.
Tuesday, 10/29 “Too Smart to Start” Students may wear their “nerdy” outfit matched with uniform bottoms.
Wednesday, 10/30 “Peace Out to Drugs” Students may wear tie-dye and peace signs with uniform bottoms.
Thursday, 10/31 “Say BOO to Drugs” Students may wear their Halloween costumes during the parade .
Friday, 11/01 “Red for Red Ribbon Week” Students may wear red to support Red Ribbon Week with uniform bottoms.
- October 31: Halloween Parade
- November 8: 4th Grade Field Trip; PTA movie night
- November 13: Progress Reports
- November 14: Picture Retakes; Beta Club; PTA meeting 6:30
- November 21: 5th Grade Field Trip
- November 22: Barnyard Bash (PBIS Reward)
- November 25-29: Thanksgiving Break
Parents and Families, our school is a Title I school and we receive federal funding in order to assist our students in acquiring successful reading and math strategies. We want to share information about our Title I program and how it involves you as a parent in your child’s education here at Sand Hill. Please join us at our Title I Annual Parent Meeting on September 19, 2019 at 9:00 A.M.
August 13, 2019
The drinking water at Sand Hill Elementary School comes from an onsite water system that is operated under regulatory oversight by the EPD. The Effingham County School System conducts routine quarterly water testing along with additional less frequent periodic testing for lead and copper as required by EPD public water regulations. Recent water test results for lead and copper for the Sand Hill Elementary School site showed that the water is safe to drink with lead and copper quantities well below EPD action level thresholds.
As required by law, the results of all lead and copper water testing are maintained onsite at Sand Hill Elementary School and are available for public viewing during normal school hours.
mission & vision
Our MissionAs a community of learners, in cooperation with stakeholders, our mission is:To provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post secondary success.A note from our PrincipalSHES incorporates Project Wisdom as a part of its character education program. These inspirational messages set a positive tone for the day for everyone on campus. SHES feels it is extremely important to educate all aspects of the student learner. Project Wisdom provides the opportunity for students to begin their day considering one of citizenship’s big issues, such as honesty or respect. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.