5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Varsity Volleyball @ Bluffton High (St.Vincent)
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Varsity Softball vs New Hampstead (Womack)
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM Varsity Football @ Jenkins
August 28, 2018
4:30 PM - 7:30 PM Varsity Volleyball @ Country Day (RH)
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM JV Middle School Football
August 29, 2018
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Middle School Football
August 30, 2018
Purchase Yearbooks for $40.00 by using a School Pay.
Deadline August 31st. Click below...
Click Here No Name Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors
One Payment Solution – School Pay
Sign into School Pay to see all available items to purchase online. This will allow to set up account or you can click on individual links below.
Available now for purchase online:
Certificate of Enrollment –
Required for Learner's Permits and Driver's Licenses
t shirt... Tshirt Link
pay dues... Dues Link
Certificate of Enrollment - Pay $5.00 and sign up through the School Pay link above
or come to front desk and pay and request record.
ADAP certificate- (Health class alcohol and drug awareness program)
Include your full name, date of birth and put ADAP in the subject.
Join the Herd and get involved...
UPCOMING EVENTS BELOW...
- Photography Club – new club beginning this year. Our meetings will be Thursdays, from 4:00 – 5:00 in Room 615.
- FCA/FCS meets each Friday morning at 7:30 in the auxiliary gym. Our group is open to all students.
- Math Club Do you want to join the coolest club at SEHS? Then we want YOU to join the Math Team! Come on down to Room 107 or 203 and See Mrs. Brandenburgh or Ms. Tant for more information, and remember: friends don't let friends divide by 0.
- FGE (Future Georgia Educators) meets the last Thursday of every month. First meeting 8/30 immediately after school in Mrs. Gerbasi’s room (305). Dues $20; must join by November 30th.
- FBLA If you are looking for a fun way to enhance your leadership skills, FBLA is for you! It cost $25.00 to join. Get an application from Ms. Carson, outside Room 303. Meetings are held every 3rd Tuesday every month afterschool, from 4-5 pm.
- The Interact Club for SEHS First meeting- September 4th after school. Stop by the Media Center and see Mrs. Becky or email her at email@example.com if you would like more information. The Interact Club is sponsored by the Rotary Club. This Club will enable you to make a real difference serving others.
- Beta Club Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, if you received a Beta Club invitation, please join us. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Powell or Mrs. Brandenburgh.
- Bonjour! The French Honor society (Société Honoraire de Français) meets monthly on the first Thursday, usually before or after school, in Madame Granzow’s class 221. Yearly dues are $10.00. It is for French 2,3 students who maintain an A in French and B or above in all other classes and invitations are sent out once a year in October. Meeting dates are shared with students via remind- To sign up for notifications, text “ @msgranzo “ to 81010. Only 2 absences allowed per school year to remain active.
- Student Council meets on the days listed in the chart that can be found on the Student Council page. These meetings are all open to members-at-large. Don’t forget that students must have a year of participation in order to run for senior offices.
- Model UN meets every Wednesday after school in Room 300
- Journalism Club - The Journalism Club writes, designs, and submits a monthly page to the Effingham Herald. Meetings are held as needed in Mrs. Curry’s room, at 7:40 am. If you are interested in writing and photographing for the local newspaper, come see Mrs. Curry!
- Spanish Club meets the first Monday of every month in Mrs. Knapp’s room, 115. The meetings end at 4:45. Yearly dues are $15 and this pays for the club t-shirt. We learn more about culture, volunteer to help during various events held at the school, and other student chosen activities.
- FCCLA-- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America needs you! We will be participating in community service, preparing for competitions in STAR Events, and having fun! Come by Room 611 for a membership form. Dues are $20.00. T-shirt is $15.00.
- Mustang Masquers Drama Club The drama club presents two shows each year. The first play is a One-Act Play for the GHSA Competition. The second play is a larger musical performed during the spring. During the rest of the year the Drama Club will meet and have special guest speakers from the community.
- International Thespian Society is a national honor society for theatre students. You must be a member of the Mustang Masquers Drama Club to be a part of ITS. There are induction requirements to be a member of ITS. Each February we attend THESCON, a conference for students interested in ALL aspects of the theatre.
- SkillsUSA - SkillsUSA empowers its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. SkillsUSA improves the quality of our nation’s future skilled workforce through the development of Framework skills that include personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics. Chapter meetings will be held on the first thursday of every month. For more information and/or to join please see Mrs. Gaines in room 615.
- Alpha Pi Society - Sponsors: Anita Lovick and Eroha Gerdes. αποδοχή (acceptance)
Would you be interested in joining a club here at SEHS that provided a community of students with the purpose of reducing or eliminating negativity towards other students? We want to be a club that is intentional about reaching out to new students, incoming freshmen and students that may not have a connection to the school. We want to provide a safe and non-judgmental environment. Our meetings are scheduled for Thursday at 7:45 am in Rm 211
- The Spanish Honors Society (La Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica) meets every third Wednesday of the month in Room 101, Señor Alford’s classroom. Señora Kimbal also serves as an advisor for this society. Must be enrolled in Spanish 3 or AP to be eligible as well as have earned an A average in both Spanish I & II courses. Must have an overall gpa of 85 for all classes. Prior community service hours are encouraged.
- Model United Nations (Ms. Denney; Mrs. Valleroy, Ms. Stafford) Come take on the world!! We meet every Wednesday after school in room 300. We are a competing academic team whose purpose to to compete in simulated scenarios of the United Nations. In Model United Nations you learn and develop your diplomacy skills, speaking skills, teamwork ability, researching skills, and the art of persuasion. We typically compete in 1-2 competitions a year.
- Video Game Competition Squad (Ms. Denney) ~~ Come Get your Game on!!! We meet every tuesday after school in room 300 until 5:00pm (sometimes 5:30). In this club we play a wide variety of multi-player games and use multiple gaming systems. Here you can test your gaming skill in person with other players and pass on gaming knowledge and skills to others.
- National Honor Society (Mrs. Howard) - Our organization recognizes outstanding students who demonstrate excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. We meet monthly (usually 2nd Tuesdays) at 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM in the chorus room. The meeting dates are posted on the NHS webpage. Open by invitation to 10th-12th grade students with a cumulative GPA of 93 or higher. Members will complete 25 hours of community service throughout the year and pay $25 dues each year. Returning members must pay dues by 10/01/18. To sign up for Remind notifications of meeting dates, text “@senhs1819” to 81010.
mission & vision
Our MissionAs a community of learners, in cooperation with stakeholders, our mission is to provide rigorous and relevant instruction in a safe environment to enable all students to obtain a high school diploma as a foundation for post secondary success.A note from our PrincipalAt SEHS, we are proud of our students and the success they achieve in all activities. Some of these activities earn our students awards in local, state, and even national competitions. We are honored to have our students contribute to our school pride. Read moreNew to the area?If you are new to the district, you may find these areas of our website to be helpful:
- Newcomers - Get information about the area including utilities, county government, city and school resources.
- Data Dashboard - Learn how Effingham County makes the grade by visiting our data reporting area, with links to district/school report cards as well as graduation rates and population statistics.
- System Testing Assessments - Review performance results of Effingham County Students in state required assessments.