All parents interested in the Effingham County Schools Bright From the Start Pre-Kindergarten program are required to complete a pre-registration process. The 2017-2018 Pre-K application, Effingham County Schools registration forms, and required documents will need to be submitted prior to your child's name being included in the Pre-K Lottery drawing to be held Friday, March 31, 2017. Following are the steps for completing this process:
2017-2018 Pre-Kindergarten Application and Pre-Registration Timeline
|Pre-K Applications Accepted at Elementary Schools ||Monday, March 6, 2017 -- Friday, March 24, 2017|
|Pre-K Lottery Drawing ||Friday, March 31, 2017|
2017-2018 Pre-Kindergarten Application and Pre-Registration Instructions
1. On or after February 14th, call the elementary school for which your residence is zoned to schedule an appointment for submission of required documents. Click HERE
for a directory of schools.
2. If your child's immunizations are not current or were last issued in another state, call to schedule an appointment with your child's health care provider or the Effingham County Health Department [(912) 754-6484]. Be sure to call for immunization appointments at least 2-3 weeks in advance to ensure that your child's immunizations are received prior to your registration appointment. If your child turns 4 after March 10, 2017, we will temporarily waive the immunization requirements until after your child has attained the age of 4. However, if your child turns 4 on or prior to March 10, 2017, you will be required to submit a current immunization certificate as a condition of being included in the Pre-K lottery drawing.
3. All first time Pre-Kindergarten students are required to have a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300). You may choose to have your child's health care provider conduct this exam, or the exam may also be completed at the Effingham County Health Department [(912) 754-6484]. The Health Department charges $30 for this exam. The Health Department will conduct the exams on 3-year-old children. However, many private physicians and dentists will not complete this exam until the child has turned 4 years of age. If you plan to use the Health Department, please go ahead and complete this step now. If you intend to use a private physician and your child turns 4 after March 10, 2017, we will temporarily waive the requirement until after your child has attained the age of 4. However, if your child turns 4 on or prior to March 10, 2017, you will be required to submit a Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutritional Screening (Form 3300) as a condition of being included in the Pre-K lottery drawing.
*NOTE: Many physicians will not complete the dental portion of the screening, requiring parents to also visit a dentist for completion of that portion of the form. The Effingham County Health Department will conduct the entire exam.
4. If possible, complete and print the following required registration forms in advance and bring them with you to your registration appointment. You may be required to complete additional forms at the time of registration.
*If your child has severe allergies, asthma, seizures, or diabetes, the applicable healthcare action plan below must be completed by your child's physician and returned prior to the first day of school attendance:
*If your child has any other serious medical condition which requires or may require treatment by a medical professional during
school hours, please submit a specific action plan from your child's physician.
5. Be sure to bring to your registration appointment all items listed below, and any forms you completed in advance. Your child's name will NOT be placed in the lottery drawing for the Bright from the Start Pre-Kindergarten program unless all registration requirements are met!
• Homeowners: Telephone, electric, or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence.
• Renters: Telephone, electric or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence.
~ OR ~
Current (less than 30 days old) rent receipt and rental agreement, where the rental agreement is inclusive of all utilities.
Note: Cell phone bills will not be accepted as valid proof of residence.
• Certified copy of student's original birth certificate or other acceptable evidence of age as specified in Effingham County Board of Education Policy JBC: School Admissions. (Bright From the Start requires that students must be 4 years old by 9/1/2017 to attend the Pre-Kindergarten program.)
• A copy of the enrolling student's social security card.(Parent may elect to sign a form at the time of registration stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number, pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-150.)
• Completed Georgia Immunization Form and Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening Form.
• Permanent custody papers through the court if student lives with anyone other than the natural parents.
• Any court orders that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child's educational records.
• Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.
• Picture ID of parent or legal guardian registering child.
• If the child and/or family participates in one of the following: Food Stamps, SSI, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or Child and Parent Services (CAPS) program, current documentation of participation must be provided.
• If the family is living in the household with someone else, a 'Family Residency Affidavit' must be submitted by the homeowner or renter stating that the parent and child(ren) live in the house with them, along with valid proof of residency. Both the parent / legal guardian and the person the family is living with must come to the school at the time of registration to have this statement notarized.
• Documentation of any health concerns or allergies of which the school should be aware.
Also, when you arrive at the school to pre-register your child, please have the following information available in order to complete the necessary enrollment papers:
• Student / Parent Phone Numbers, Addresses, and E-Mail Addresses (if applicable)
• Emergency Contact Phone Numbers
• Physician Name & Phone Number