|Pre-K Applications Accepted at Elementary Schools||Wednesday, March 18, 2015 -- Thursday, April 2, 2015|
|Pre-K Lottery Drawing||Friday, April 17, 2015|
*NOTE: Many physicians will not complete the dental portion of the screening, requiring parents to also visit a dentist for completion of that portion of the form. The Effingham County Health Department will conduct the entire exam.
5. Be sure to bring to your registration appointment all items listed below, and any forms you completed in advance. Your child's name will NOT be placed in the lottery drawing for the Bright from the Start Pre-Kindergarten program unless all registration requirements are met!
• Homeowners: Telephone, electric, or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence.• Renters: Telephone, electric or other utility bill that includes the physical address of the residence.
~ OR ~
Current (less than 30 days old) rent receipt and rental agreement, where the rental agreement is inclusive of all utilities.
Note: Cell phone bills will not be accepted as valid proof of residence.• Certified copy of student's original birth certificate or other acceptable evidence of age as specified in Effingham County Board of Education Policy JBC: School Admissions. (Bright From the Start requires that students must be 4 years old by 9/1/2015 to attend the Pre-Kindergarten program.)• A copy of the enrolling student's social security card.(Parent may elect to sign a form at the time of registration stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number, pursuant to O.C.G.A. 20-2-150.)• Completed
Immunization Form and Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening Form. Georgia• Permanent custody papers through the court if student lives with anyone other than the natural parents.• Any court orders that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child's educational records.• Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.• Picture ID of parent or legal guardian registering child.• If the child and/or family participates in one of the following: Food Stamps, SSI, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), or Child and Parent Services (CAPS) program, current documentation of participation must be provided.
• If the family is living in the household with someone else, a 'Family Residency Affidavit' must be submitted by the homeowner or renter stating that the parent and child(ren) live in the house with them, along with valid proof of residency. Both the parent / legal guardian and the person the family is living with must come to the school at the time of registration to have this statement notarized.• Documentation of any health concerns or allergies of which the school should be aware.
• Student / Parent Phone Numbers, Addresses, and E-Mail Addresses (if applicable)
• Emergency Contact Phone Numbers• Physician Name & Phone Number