Join the Herd and get involved...
UPCOMING EVENTS BELOW...
· Photography Club – new club beginning this year. Our meetings will be Thursdays, from 4:00 – 5:00 in Room 615.
· FCA/FCS meets each Friday morning at 7:30 in the auxiliary gym. Our group is open to all students.
· Do you want to join the coolest club at SEHS? Then we want YOU to join the Math Team! Come on down to Room 107 and See Mrs. Brandenburgh or Ms. Tant for more information, and remember: friends don't let friends divide by 0.
· FBLA If you are looking for a fun way to enhance your leadership skills, FBLA is for you! It cost $20.00 to join. Get an application from Room 305
· The Interact Club for SEHS is re-organizing. Start with a new group of students that will help with service projects in our community and internationally. please come to our first meeting on Tuesday, October 4th in the Media Center at 4:00 PM. If you cannot make it then stop by the Media Center and see Mrs. Becky or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Ms. Powells Room in 102. The Interact Club is sponsored by the Rotary Club. This Club will enable you to make a real difference while having fun and helping others.
· We are excited to announce that the first Equestrian Club contact email@example.com
· Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, if you received a Beta Club invitation, please join us. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Powell or Mrs. Brandenburgh.
- The Creative Writing Club meets every other Tuesday in Dr. Vaquer’s room 218. Bring a work of poetry or short fiction to be critiqued by group members. Listen to the announcements for specific dates. Also, submit your work to be considered for publication in “Wild Horses,” SEHS’s own literary magazine. Guidelines listed on the club’s webpage.
- Bonjour!The French Honor society (Société Honoraire de Français) meets monthly on Thursdays, usually before or after school, in Madame Granzow’s class 221. Yearly dues are $5.00. It is for French 2,3 students who maintain an A in French and B or above in all other classes and invitations are sent out once a year in October. Meeting dates are shared with students via remind- To sign up for notifications, text “ @msgranzo “ to 81010. Only 2 absences allowed per school year to remain active.
- Science Olympiad will meet during the week for 45 minutes to an hour (Monday Room 116 Dr. Imre, Tuesday Room 114 Mrs. Jay, Thursday Room 113 Mr. Vandenhouten). We will also have Saturday practices from 9:15 AM – 12:15 PM in the media center with Mrs. Lyons starting October 1st (*subject to change).
- Student Council meets on the days listed in the chart that can be found on the Student Council page. These meetings are all open to members-at-large. Don’t forget that students must have a year of participation in order to run for senior offices.
- Model UN meets every Wednesday after school in Room 300
- Journalism Club - The Journalism Club writes, designs, and submits a monthly page to the Effingham Herald. Meetings are held as needed in Mrs. Curry’s room, at 7:40 am. If you are interested in writing and photographing for the local newspaper, come see Mrs. Curry!